Midwest Dexknows

ron22

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Ron Hammer
So anyone in the Midwest that has Dexknows us it?

My company is looking at changing our add for our business in Dex. Dex keep saying we need to pay for the the big add so we get listed higher on Dexknows.

So if you are looking for a company to build or design an elctronic project or PCB where do you look?

So anyone in the Midwest that has Dexknows us it?

My company is looking at changing our add for our business in Dex. Dex keep saying we need to pay for the the big add so we get listed higher on Dexknows.

So if you are looking for a company to build or design an elctronic project or PCB where do you look?

When I had my contract design business many years ago (1982-1995) we ran a small listing in the Yellow Pages. AFaIK we only got one or two jobs from that listing but they certainly brought in enough to cover the cost. Today I'd rely more on internet searches than any printed listing and so far I'm rather unimpressed with DexKnows for it's search capabilities.

I'm in Iowa and have never used Dexknows.

I would spend money on a well-designed website that has been 'tweaked' for search engine performance.

The past few weeks, we have been trying to get quotes on equipment for redesigning our receiving dock and warehouse - Google has been my main source, other than simply calling up our current vendors, for information for finding new vendors.

At my other job, I spent about half a day on our website and was able to get our search results moved from page two to #3 on page one on Google, and I am barely competent at web design.

Last edited:
Both of you thanks. My feeling is the yellow pages had their day but it is past. Going with the Web seems to be much more common.
We do have a Web page and it is not bad. But trying to get listed high in google is hard for either Electroinc Design or Electronics Assemblie. There is around 5 million matches
If someone thinks they can get us listed higher I would gladly give them the web address and take a quote.

this thread got me to thinking about the last time i looked up a number in the phone book. been a long time. i find local businesses either through personal recommendations or google. i prefer to use a local business that has some sort of web presence. after thinking about phone books i remember back in about 1995 when my dad got his first cell phone. one of those big honking bag phones. he carried around the city directory in his pickup so that he could look numbers up. i didn't realize how dangerous he was being, driving along looking up numbers in the phone book.

Back