Midvale Utah Rental Suggestions?

Keyrenter

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Keyrenter
I will be in Midvale Utah in late February or early March. Any suggestions for a place to rent a plane?

I have my PPL and about 175 hours in Virginia. What is involved with renting a plane out of the area?

Just interested in some local flight to snap some photos and make some memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be in Midvale Utah in late February or early March. Any suggestions for a place to rent a plane?

I have my PPL and about 175 hours in Virginia. What is involved with renting a plane out of the area?

Just interested in some local flight to snap some photos and make some memories!

Very few rentals are going to let you walk in the door and rent a plane without a checkout with an instructor and many will require you have insurance sufficient to cover the hull value of the rental aircraft.

My internet here at work is horrible but my new XO was telling me the other day about openairplane. I have absolutely no experience with the company but it sounds promising. You get a standardized checkout at a location that partners with Open Airplane and then that checkout is effectively good to be used at other locations also partnered with the company. It looks like there may be a location just north of Midvale in Boutiful that is partnered with them. Again, my internet sucks here at work otherwise I'd just put the link in here for you. Google is your friend and again, I have no experience with it so I can't speak to how good or bad it is, but it seems like a good option for the traveling pilot if there is a location near you. I'm not sure if there is an additional cost or not but it couldn't hurt to look into it unless others tell you to run away for some reason.

Cornerstone out of KSLC rents 172s. You will need a full checkout and $5000 worth of insurance.

You can try to call Leading Edge and Randon Aviation. They both offer flight training but I don’t know about rentals.

If you just want a ride I would be happy to take you up in one of our club aircraft. I live just north of Midvale.

Woodchucker, can you do me a favor. Send me a quick email to bill@keyrentersolutions.com

I would love to meet up, but I want to provide some back story regarding the importance of this Flight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back