Middlebury State Airport 6B8

jpower

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
James
I'm flying there tomorrow, and nobody seems to answer the phone. I've gotten them once in the few days I've been trying and made the mistake of not asking all my questions. Anyone been there and know which parking area to use? And/or any other helpful information? Thanks!

I was just there about 9 days ago. I can't answer your question re: which parking area to use, but there are areas to the west of the runway, in front of a large hangar about midfield, as well as at the north end of the field between the fuel farm and an even larger hangar. Fuel was $5.39 when I was there, very reasonable compared to other prices in the area. The reason is (naturally) that it's run by the state.

Pattern is to the west of the runway (i.e., RP for rwy 19) and for a good reason: the field is right up against the foothills of the Green Mountains.

Overall I had a very positive impression of the place. When I was there (Thursday), one of the local guys helped me out with fuel as well as gave me some hints as to where to cross through enroute to MPV.

Flew up there for today. For anyone who finds this thread later, transient parking seems to be the 5-6 spots right outside of the main FBO hangar. Or at least that's what a local told me over the radio, because the airport is unattended weekends.

Back