Mid-Atlantic Avionics Shops?

AlleyCat67

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
AleyCat67
Hi all,

Looking for an avionics upgrade to our Grumman Tiger (basically, a standard ADS-B out and Garmin 650 install). So far I've had a hard time even getting an email response from a few of the better known shops - I suppose they are so booked up that they don't need any new business. Does anyone have recommendations for shops in the area from New Jersey to North Carolina?

there's one at TTA Raleigh Exec. I only did one garmin software update there because I had to, otherwise I can't give too much feedback.

I like Bay Avionics at PVG, but they do have a backlog/wait time to get in for something like an ADS-B install

Thanks for the replies... I'll start making some calls. So far, the one shop I've talked to has a backlog through February 2019!

Thanks for the replies... I'll start making some calls. So far, the one shop I've talked to has a backlog through February 2019!
That's not bad, most of the ones I've seen are booking in May up to a year out :eek:

I like Lancaster Avionics, but I'm sure they're backed up.

Shennendoah Avionics (SHD) near Stanton VA is another good option.

I just had my annual done at Hanover Co. Muni VA (OFP), and they do Avionics and didn't seem to have a wait, and seem to be reasonably priced.

Good luck.

Back