Microsoft HoloLens 2

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I wonder how this could be adapted to aviation use... especially us piston folk.

Or Center, Approach, and Tower Controllers

I'm not seeing a great use in the cockpit (heck, even basic heads-up display stuff barely exists in GA), but this or a similar technology could help controllers visualize and control in 3D. Probably just as important though, is it puts us another step closer to reducing the utility of business travel for collaboration.

If it can give the sensation of using a yoke, it might make a great simulator for instrument training.

If it can give the sensation of using a yoke, it might make a great simulator for instrument training.

agree....and additionally, if you can control throttle, mixture, trim, etc.... That would play well into even VFR with Virtual Reality headsets. Especially dogfighting ;)

I do think it could be great for controllers!

(fast forward to :55 seconds in please)

...and for attacking Death Stars.

Note to self: Call it something like "Salvation Globe", or "Peace Ball", or something like that. "Death Star" seems to attract negative attention.

The G's are hard to replicate...

But if you take some exlax beforehand, I'd imagine you should have about as tight ass.... and maybe even a stain or two.

I do think it could be great for controllers!

(fast forward to :55 seconds in please)

...and for attacking Death Stars.

Note to self: Call it something like "Salvation Globe", or "Peace Ball", or something like that. "Death Star" seems to attract negative attention.
itsatrap.jpg

Back