Microsoft Flight Released!

From playing the beta a little bit, I don't like it.

A few months ago I had been gone all day and when I got back to the airport, there was a fellow apparantly snooping around our quiet unattended airport. He was at our terminal building which has a keypad entry and was on a bicycle. It looked suspicious.

As I was putting my plane in the hangar, this guy approached me carrying an expensive looking camera. He took a picture of me next to my plane and asked questions about the airport. This was after introducing himself as someone gathering information, data and pictures for the next generation Flight Simulator.

When he took my picture he said "This will make you famous!" He said that the graphics of the airport and it's surroundings will be MUCH more real in the coming generation.

SO, when it's all finished, go to Jones Field, Bonham, Texas F00 and see if there's an old guy standing next to an orange and white Cessna 140.

I did the first few missions so far, and I'm enjoying it. Certainly it won't appeal to the hardcore sim fans (that's what XPlane is for :p).

I think this type of game/sim fills the gap for for kids and those who aren't really sure about flying. It seems to have just the right amount of ease and fun factor to lure people in :)

Back