Mick Fleetwood in a Suit . . . .

I used to be one of the sound engineers at the House of Blues in Cambridge. One night, while I was mixing a long since forgotten band up in the sound booth, I turned around, and there was Mr Fleetwood, standing right behind me, all six feet seven inches of him (or so....he's very tall). He kind of scared me. We said hello, and I went back to work.
His hair wasn't gray at that time.
I met a lot of celebs there, the nicest one being Tom Schultz from the band Boston. He is also super tall. From what I understand, he is also a pilot.
Another notable was John Entwhistle from The Who. He was pretty intoxicated. I said something to him, and he said, "what?", and I said, "damn dude, all those years of playing too loud has really f'd up your hearing, eh?". His response was, "it wasn't the gigs, it was the damned studio engineers turning up the headphones too loud." yeah right.

Last edited:
I used to be one of the sound engineers at the House of Blues in Cambridge. One night, while I was mixing a long since forgotten band up in the sound booth, I turned around, and there was Mr Fleetwood, standing right behind me, all six feet seven inches of him (or so....he's very tall). He kind of scared me. We said hello, and I went back to work.
His hair wasn't gray at that time.
I met a lot of celebs there, the nicest one being Tom Schultz from the band Boston. He is also super tall. From what I understand, he is also a pilot.
Another notable was John Entwhistle from The Who. He was pretty intoxicated. I said something to him, and he said, "what?", and I said, "damn dude, all those years of playing too loud has really f'd up your hearing, eh?". His response was, "it wasn't the gigs, it was the damned studio engineers turning up the headphones too loud." yeah right.

AFAIK, Pete Townshend is legally deaf, and it wasn't the headphones. I'm sure they had individual volume controls on headphone amps.

AFAIK, Pete Townshend is legally deaf, and it wasn't the headphones. I'm sure they had individual volume controls on headphone amps.

They may have had individual volume controls, but c'mon....The Who was at one point in the Guiness Book of World Records for being the loudest band.....120dB at 50 feet or something......two or three concerts at that volume, and your hearing is permanently trashed..... Entwistle was joking with me

They may have had individual volume controls, but c'mon....The Who was at one point in the Guiness Book of World Records for being the loudest band.....120dB at 50 feet or something......two or three concerts at that volume, and your hearing is permanently trashed..... Entwistle was joking with me

C'Mon man! Everyone knows that the loudest band in the universe is Disaster Area:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_...hhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy#Hotblack_Desiato

I saw the Who in 1980 at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. (Rectum for us natives) The Who was by far the loudest band I ever saw. I had to wear ear plugs. This was right after Keith Moon died and was replaced by Kenny Jones of The Faces.

Back