Michael Vick is now a Philadelphia Eagle, hahahaha

OtisAir

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
OtisAir
I Love it! All you hillbillies :D from the north were raggin' on Michael Vick the last 2 years and now he's an Eagle. Talk about sweet justice.

Who'd a thunk it? :idea:

I Love it! All you hillbillies :D from the north were raggin' on Michael Vick the last 2 years and now he's an Eagle. Talk about sweet justice.

Who'd a thunk it? :idea:

Umm... you think this is a good thing for the Beagles?

:frown2:

Vick is a talented athlete, but not a game-carrying champion.

I guess he fits into the beagle system -- he's strong, capable, talented -- and a bit too eager to do it all himself and not rely on the team and the system to carry the day.

As far as the dog fighting -- the guy went to prison -- he apologized. Let's move on.

Last edited:
I thought he'd be a better fit with the Bungles.... they seem to have a team of folks that get in trouble with the law.

Umm... you think this is a good thing for the Beagles?

I'm (originally) from down yonder in both Georgia and Alabama areas. Even though I'm in the burbs of Philly now, my "first" choice is to see Atlanta Falcons do well, although that doesn't happen very often. As a result of living up here, but liking the Falcons who had Vick at one time, I got a lot of trash talking thrown my way. I just think it's funny that Vick is now up here.

I'm surprised they let him come back to play at all. I realize others have done worse, but he should know better since a lot of youngens look up to him. I hope that he's been "reformed".

We'll see.

He paid the price society (via the court system) said he owed.

That said, hiring him can become a publicity nightmare. Time will tell.

He will be a flop. he wasn't that good to begin with. Anyone have a fork, it's long overdue.

Vick is a jerk and I am sad to see that any team picked him up.

Ya know I thought that then Some on on PHilly radio today said We sitll listen to music from guys that beat their women. Players that commit crimes, juice up etc. so why is listening to a Tommy Lee song any better? I guess time will tell.

Ya know I thought that then Some on on PHilly radio today said We sitll listen to music from guys that beat their women. Players that commit crimes, juice up etc. so why is listening to a Tommy Lee song any better? I guess time will tell.
"we"??

Hey guys he brought his dogs, how could they refuse him?

We as in society Scott. Look I'm not saying "eh its no big deal" if you don't think the guy should be given another chance then I can understand that and wouldn't argue. I was not particularly happy about it myself. From a pure sports perspective I'm not sure what he will add to the team but from an ethical perspective. Look at everything else society puts up with.

DUI

Jerry Collins from the tramps
Chad KJroegu from Nickback
dante Stallworth DUI with a death hell play again.
Wilson Pickett.

then theres all the assaults and related crimes
R. Kelly
Chris Brown.
how about James Brown
Boy George
Peter Yarrow

My point being do you turn off the radio when you hear a Peter Paul and Mary song because Peter Yarrow was convicted of takeing improper liberties with a 14 yo girl. You may I don't know but I think with a few exceptions ie OJ society seesm to give celebs a second chance a lot and why would they not do so in this case.

Alan Iverson, Plaxico Burress......

I don't think celebrities should be treated any different than a regular person myself. He paid the time -- let the man try to return to life. I don't really like what he did but I do think that some people could use another shot.

We as in society Scott. Look I'm not saying "eh its no big deal" if you don't think the guy should be given another chance then I can understand that and wouldn't argue. I was not particularly happy about it myself. From a pure sports perspective I'm not sure what he will add to the team but from an ethical perspective. Look at everything else society puts up with.

DUI

Jerry Collins from the tramps
Chad KJroegu from Nickback
dante Stallworth DUI with a death hell play again.
Wilson Pickett.

then theres all the assaults and related crimes
R. Kelly
Chris Brown.
how about James Brown
Boy George
Peter Yarrow

My point being do you turn off the radio when you hear a Peter Paul and Mary song because Peter Yarrow was convicted of takeing improper liberties with a 14 yo girl. You may I don't know but I think with a few exceptions ie OJ society seesm to give celebs a second chance a lot and why would they not do so in this case.
I think you are rationalizing your forgiveness. I tend to hold a grudge against abhorrent people a lot longer.

I don't think celebrities should be treated any different than a regular person myself. He paid the time -- let the man try to return to life. I don't really like what he did but I do think that some people could use another shot.

Here's the problem, Jesse - the powers that be have demonized any level of criminal behavior, even if time has been served. In terms of employment, for many employers, it's a matter of "one strike and you're out". Something like 60% of employers run background checks and most will rule out candidates with even a misdemeanor.

Cross the border into Canada? It's even tougher (same with the US CBP coming into this country).

In the name of "deterring crime" and "tough on crime", this country is making sure that people don't get a second chance. Yes, there are exceptions, but 25 years ago most people assumed that once you did your time you had paid your debt to society. These days, different story. (In the vein of "continuing punishment", US CBP will not accept applications for the Global Entry process for anyone with a criminal record, even if the crime was pardoned or expunged. Their view is that pardons/expungements don't clear the history. So an upstanding citizen who is 50 but got a misdemeanor, for oh say grafitti, as a kid will never be eligible for expedited CBP processing.)

The consequences of a youthful indiscretion can literally last a lifetime.

Yes, people who have truly gotten the message and straightened up deserve to have a second chance after paying their debt. Problem is that it is very, very hard for someone (and especially an employer) to take that chance. Part is an abundance of qualified candidates, part is the whole liability system, part is an outright bias. IME it harms people that don't get good counsel (who can get deferred adjudication or some other abatement of the charges). But it is what it is, and no politician is willing to be branded as "soft on crime" - so we won't ever see laws addressing the issue.

Last edited:
I think you are rationalizing your forgiveness. I tend to hold a grudge against abhorrent people a lot longer.

No not really, First I don't know that I forgave him. Although its not for me to forgive him. Second. I understand your position totally.

As far as the dog fighting -- the guy went to prison -- he apologized. Let's move on.

*Looks in horror* :eek: Countless innocent animals killed at the hands of him? just shrug it off? I certainly think not!

So, did anybody catch the 60 Minutes interview?
I did. I think the only thing he's sorry about is that he got caught. Now he has a bunch of handlers who are trying to rehabilitate his image and he's saying exactly what he is supposed to say. I understand that he has paid, or is in the process of paying, his legal dues. Now he gets to be judged in the court of public opinion.

Let me add that I am not a football fan and I never had never heard of Michael Vick before the dogfighting issue. I only watched him on 60 minutes because I occasionally watch it and that is the segment that was on.

5 Spots open in "Trailer Park" Foxsports Fantasy Football League. I'd invited the hillbilly's in the neighborhood but I guess they can't read, and those with teeth are too sophisticated to join.

PM me your email address, I'll have the league send an email to you and you can name your team and go from there. Still haven't decided how we'll do draft (online, auto, etc).... we'll figure it out collectively.

5 Spots Open... going...... going.....

Even though I'm in the burbs of Philly now, my "first" choice is to see Atlanta Falcons do well

The Atlanta Falcons have a pretty ****-poor record of choosing their quarterbacks...

brett-favre.jpg
brett-favre-mouth-open.jpg

... Oops. :rofl: Now, I just have to figure out who's the bigger idiot, Jerry Glanville or Ted Thompson.

He said choosing, not drafting. Slight difference.

So - does he get dismembered and tortured everytime he throws an interception?

I'd put it in the contract, that he's treated as poorly as the dogs were.

So - does he get dismembered and tortured everytime he throws an interception?

I'd put it in the contract, that he's treated as poorly as the dogs were.

I fully agree

I like dogs and I'm not at all discounting what Vick did but just noticing some irony with Ted Kennedy's death. Folks are refusing to give Vick a second chance or the benefit of the doubt. ( and I'm not saying they should) Yet they will praise and re-elect Ted Kennedy even after the Chappaquidick Affair. Thats really bizzar to me.

I like dogs and I'm not at all discounting what Vick did but just noticing some irony with Ted Kennedy's death. Folks are refusing to give Vick a second chance or the benefit of the doubt. ( and I'm not saying they should) Yet they will praise and re-elect Ted Kennedy even after the Chappaquidick Affair. Thats really bizzar to me.

Some of us had the decency to not forgive Kennedy and to side with the murder victim's family.

Some of us had the decency to not forgive Kennedy and to side with the murder victim's family.

Do dramatic licenses have expiration dates?

Trapper John

We were returning from 5 months in the Boston area when he went swimming. There was clearly a cover-up. "Kennedy" and "God" are one and the same in Boston.

Had Senator Brooks' daughter in my English class at Newton HS that spring. What a nice girl she was.

Back