Michael Jackson has some competition

wow still snorting cocaine at 58. and he looks sooooo good...

wow still snorting cocaine at 58. and he looks sooooo good...
Tony, you were a tad off... he's 63 according to the article. I can't believe he and blubber lips are still alive. Pure luck, apparently.

"I was No. 1 on the 'who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list," Richards said.
That's sad! But, I don't feel the least bit sorry for him nor anyone in their place.

Tony, you were a tad off... he's 63 according to the article. I can't believe he and blubber lips are still alive. Pure luck, apparently.

yea and i based my math on the fact that his dad died in 2002, when richards was presumably about 58. i guess he coulda snorted him later, but its still incredible that he can do illicit drugs at that age. He admits in the article that it is pure luck that he is still alive.

yea and i based my math on the fact that his dad died in 2002, when richards was presumably about 58. i guess he coulda snorted him later, but its still incredible that he can do illicit drugs at that age. He admits in the article that it is pure luck that he is still alive.
Oops, sorry... I wasn't thinking about your timing for that. As far as luck, he looks like a zombie already.

I'll never forget my first Rolling Stones show. When Mick introduced the band and the crowd cheered for Keith, my brother said "All that applause is just for being alive". This was over 20 years ago and he's still riding hard. Amazing.

Keith Richard's son Marlon is my age, and I hung out with him for a short time when he lived in the Memphis area and we both were much younger. He now is living a rather bizarre life as an artist and photographer, and also has a blog on the Huffington Post.

What a weird world we live in :confused:

Keith Richard's son Marlon is my age, and I hung out with him for a short time when he lived in the Memphis area and we both were much younger. He now is living a rather bizarre life as an artist and photographer, and also has a blog on the Huffington Post.

What a weird world we live in :confused:
Keith Richard's son becoming bizarre? Nawww....

But then, who would have ever thought those such as Ted Nugent and Charlie Daniels would become staunch conservatives? :dunno:

You know what bothers me about this story is...As a former funeral director (still have my embalmers lic) I was tought that you always treated someones remains with respect wether in tact or cremated because after all they are human remains.

What this jacko did is just plain sick in my opinion.

What this jacko did is just plain sick in my opinion.
I'd have to say that applies to quite a few "stars" who have the persona as this weird individual. Second in line are the cult members who follow them.

Why do I have my doubts about his "off the cuff" excuse? I think I"ll believe the first story.

I am sure the revised story has more to do with his publicist trying to do damage control than in getting the "truth" out. I think he spoke the truth to begin with.
I'd take that bet. People tend to speak their intended words on the first try. They may jumble the words but the idea is out there.

But then, who would have ever thought those such as Ted Nugent and Charlie Daniels would become staunch conservatives? :dunno:
Dunno about Charlie Daniels, but the Motor City Madman was a straight square even at the height of his game. I recall hanging with him and his band after a show in Madison, WI circa 78-79 and he didn't drink, didn't do drugs -- which ran far counter to the "rock star" persona of the time. His obsessions were the ladies and hunting.

Now, a far more surprising conservative, to me, is Peter Frampton. He was a neighbor when I lived in Nashville, and he was as "middle aged suburban dad" as you could get. And his partying days were the stuff of legend.

Dunno about Charlie Daniels...
He's doing concerts quite often with Sean Hannity and Oliver North for soldier's benefits as well as frequent visits to military hospitals; not your usual left-wing activity.

I really didn't know Ted Nugent was that mild back then. He sure didn't sound like it with the music. The guy must have had some traditional values instilled in him from somewhere. Such abuse!

Back