Miami???

Tflhndn

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tflhndn
Looking for input on good fields in the Miami area...

I will be flying my family down in August to catch some Marlins games and am looking for input in GA friendly fields to fly into.

KMIA is closest to where we are going and staying, but not very GA friendly ($8.75/gal 100LL)

Looked at North Perry, but doesn't have any IAP I can use.

Thoughts?

Looked at North Perry, but doesn't have any IAP I can use.

Dude, it's Florida. If you need an IAP, there's a thunderstorm over the airport and you're not going to want to land anyway! :)

Having never flown in Florida, didn't want to assume that :).

But thanks. Is north perry good?

Honestly my Florida knowledge is limited to my work airports, which doesn't do you much good. I just saw an opportunity to make a joke. I'm sure someone will be along to give you some helpful info. Sorry. :(

No problem. It is POA... If I get jokes I am doing well ... Since most question posts usually devolve into bashings :)

Having never flown in Florida, didn't want to assume that :).

Not really, we call it "Scary Perry". Surrounded on all sides by close in housing and several really high antennas. Opa Locka would be a better choice if you intend to go to some Marlins games. BTW , how's your Spanish ?

Well, I fly out of what the local here call Scare Harbor (Air Harbor - 2400').

Was more asking about the FBO/services.

Well, I fly out of what the local here call Scare Harbor (Air Harbor - 2400').

W88 ? How can that be ? They don't have an IAP !
The FBO's are fine at North Perry. KOPF is much closer to Marlins Park though.

W88 ? How can that be ? They don't have an IAP !
The FBO's are fine at North Perry. KOPF is much closer to Marlins Park though.

I have KGSO as an alternate 7 miles away and plenty of friends to come pick me up:)

I am also rarely on a time hack when returning home. ...

Still trying to figure out the plans, but since it looks like I will have to rent a car anyway, price of a gas and services grows in importance. :)

Back