MGW Morgantown brief report (and pilots-n-paws writeup)

mikegreen

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
mike g.
Last Friday, visited MGW (or KMGW if you're searching that way) Morgantown, WV to drop off a pilots-n-paws dog.

You can read the writeup of our trip by my friend Steve, who came along, and writes much better than I do, here:
http://amileofrunway.blogspot.com/2011/02/riding-along-on-pilots-n-paws-rescue.html

Overall, MGW was nice - large, long runway 18/36. 5/23 was closed when we got there - not sure how long its been closed or how long it will be closed.

Tower was pleasant - you can get flight following from Clarksburg approach all the way in. Parking was easy, and right in front of the FBO.

FBO is connected to Ali Baba's, nice middle eastern place. They have a buffet (on a friday, not sure about weekends) so you can get in, eat, and out in under 15 mins if you're in a rush.

Fuel was reasonable, and fueled at the parked airplane that we could watch thru the window of the restaurant.

Nice place, will definitely visit again.

regards,
Mike

Nice to know you were in the area! I had my Chief there for a few months and know the tower crew, etc.

5/23 usually is closed when there's snow. Just not enough activity in the winter over there.

Scared me for a minute, rescuing a dog from Wapakoneta to go to West Virginia. Morgantown is a great little college town, and I can second the yummy food at the airport restaurant.

Did those pooches end up going northeast..?

Yah, not that there's anything wrong with Morgantown. I was mostly jokin' around.

MGW is a great airport, I did my long cross country for the commercial from Concord, NC - Morgantown - Washington Co PA. And as I think now, 5/23 was closed then, and it was in the summer.

Back