Meyers 200D

skippers

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
skippers
The original speedster, Garmin 430, KX 155, Garmin transponder, strikefinder, Century 2000 with altitude select, HSI slaved, Engine analyzer, fuel flow, electronic tach. Built like a tank, needs somebody loving I just have too many planes in the hangar and needs to go. She is a challenge to take off and land but once up and running nothing as sweet. Don't let her become a hangar queen somebody wants a 165 Knot cross country airplane at a reasonable price. 550 hours on a factory reman, interior could be dressed up some. Asking 75K.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 124
  • photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Please don't tempt me. The 200 is one of my favorites. I'll be moving soon to a land of higher hangar rent.

Please don't tempt me. The 200 is one of my favorites. I'll be moving soon to a land of higher hangar rent.

Where did you end up settling ? Didn't you have a thread on that ?

I'm completely unfamiliar with this type. What makes her so challenging on takeoff and landing?

I'm completely unfamiliar with this type. What makes her so challenging on takeoff and landing?

Engine not offset in the fuselage for P factor and rudder is small and does not become effective to around 45 knots likes to run off the side of the runway especially with a crosswind. Designed this way to maximize speed. Gear must come up in a hurry because you exceed retraction speed. Like a Cirrus it does not like to slow down on approach, high gear extension speed helps but flap extension speed is low. Marked pitch changes with each despite bungee that is suppose to help. When it stops flying it stops flying with little warning. Best to fly it onto the ground but you eat up a fair bit of runway.

Absent surprises, heckuva deal. Always liked the looks of the 200,,,

Where did you end up settling ? Didn't you have a thread on that ?

Just came back from VT. We saw many nice places. We ended up making an offer on a nice place in Northfield MA. I think the UMASS grad school appeals to my wife (like she needs another degree) We'll see if we can get the owners to accept an offer.

Just came back from VT. We saw many nice places. We ended up making an offer on a nice place in Northfield MA. I think the UMASS grad school appeals to my wife (like she needs another degree) We'll see if we can get the owners to accept an offer.

Almost ended up in that neck of the woods, lived near Hartford and my wife negotiated for a job in Northampton maybe 10 years ago. Nice area, I would probably go on the NH side of the border though.

Back