Mexico Mooney

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Sometimes you just gotta get a good look.

Mooney2.jpg

This was in Mexico (Rocky Point). My partner was flying.

Reminds me of the time a line boy found some deep sea fishing tackle tangled on the main gear of a Grumman.

Very nice... I don't see any tail numbers, that could have been in San Diego for all I know. :)

Here is another Mexico Mooney, not nearly in as good of shape
It was on the side of the runway at Hotel Serenidad
Sad

Don

Attachments

• Mooney.jpg
    Mooney.jpg
    825.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Mooney2.jpg
    Mooney2.jpg
    831.8 KB · Views: 31
That just freaks me out. All I can think of is the insurance company nightmare which is to follow. Being stranded in MX is the least of my worries if that happened to me.

AirBaker said:
Very nice... I don't see any tail numbers, that could have been in San Diego for all I know. :)
Chris, it could have been off of Cambria too. You know, those guys who fly 'tween here and Monterey (KMRY) along the Big Sur coast. They know there is no radar coverage and it is unlikely anyone will copy their N number. As far as any witness is concerned, it's a Cessna Piper. The route is a highway for the guys in their hotrod speed birds as well as the typical spam can.

Richard said:
That just freaks me out. All I can think of is the insurance company nightmare which is to follow. Being stranded in MX is the least of my worries if that happened to me.

Stranded? Think of it as a long weekend.

Warm weather, cold Coronas...

Richard said:
Chris, it could have been off of Cambria too. You know, those guys who fly 'tween here and Monterey (KMRY) along the Big Sur coast. They know there is no radar coverage and it is unlikely anyone will copy their N number. As far as any witness is concerned, it's a Cessna Piper. The route is a highway for the guys in their hotrod speed birds as well as the typical spam can.

Radar? There is an off button on your transponder. :)

I'll have to go find that route...

AirBaker said:
Radar? There is an off button on your transponder. :)

I'll have to go find that route...
...Bonanza 37 Sierra, check your transponder.....uh, 37 Sierra, advise ready to copy, I have a number for you to call after landing.

Richard said:
She's just tall, that's all. And she must be a vampire...no shadow.
Quik and dirty while at work. What can I say? ;)

That plus, if I made her to scale, you'd hardly see anything identifiable. It was purely for grins and giggles.

Last edited:
Richard said:
...Bonanza 37 Sierra, check your transponder.....uh, 37 Sierra, advise ready to copy, I have a number for you to call after landing.

I'm sure the encoding altimeter was acting up.

AirBaker said:
I'm sure the encoding altimeter was acting up.
Request to enter controlled airspace denied, remain at or below 1,200 agl. Remain clear of Class Bravo and Charlie UFN. Say intentions.

Last edited:
Frank Browne said:
Quik and dirty while at work. What can I say? ;)

That plus, if I made her to scale, you'd hardly see anything identifiable. It was purely for grins and giggles.
I know that, Frank. Your skills are certainly better than mine.

Richard said:
Request to enter controlled airspace denied, remain at or below 1,200 agl. Remain clear of Class Bravo and Charlie UFN. Say intentions.

Cancel flight following? :)

Frank Browne said:

Scale?? Feel free to resize as necessary! :)

AirBaker said:
Cancel flight following? :)
I'm having fun with this, Chris. Along that section of coast FF wants you at minimum of 040 msl, 060 is more to their liking. Blo 040 they likely won't see you until you pop up just south of MRY. As you must be aware, all CA west of the Sierra Nevada is Class E above 1,200 agl.

Cancelling FF still won't get you into Charlie airspace.

I know. I haven't flown up the coast yet. Mostly because the 101 route is more direct.

Back