Mexican airspace

StinkBug

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Dallas
Lets say I wanted to do a flight, from my home base near San Diego, fly south down the coast of baja, then cross the peninsula fly north up the sea of cortez and back across the border and back home. Not landing in Mexico, but obviously going well into their airspace. What would I need to do to follow all the rules?

As a secondary thought, I also need to find out the details of flying in and landing at some point, but for now lets assume I'm just doing a sightseeing loop.

"Mexican airspace"

I thought this was going to be a thread about refried beans.

Lets say I wanted to do a flight, from my home base near San Diego, fly south down the coast of baja, then cross the peninsula fly north up the sea of cortez and back across the border and back home. Not landing in Mexico, but obviously going well into their airspace. What would I need to do to follow all the rules?

As a secondary thought, I also need to find out the details of flying in and landing at some point, but for now lets assume I'm just doing a sightseeing loop.

Dunno all their rules much less the US rules but you will owe Mexican ATC fees for such a flight.

How does that work if I never land there? They gonna jump the border to come collect? Hell, how does that work if you DO land? Is it just like a ramp fee that you pay at the FBO?

How does that work if I never land there? They gonna jump the border to come collect? Hell, how does that work if you DO land? Is it just like a ramp fee that you pay at the FBO?

They'll mail you a bill.

You need to be in contact with ATC to cross the border.

Not sure if eAPIS applies if you have don't land.

As I understand it if you land there then the ATC fee is included in the fees you pay.

Also as I understand it, Mexican ATC won't send you a bill but they will deny you airspace entry on subsequent flights if you fail to pay the fees. Supposedly commercial operators have run into problems with overflights.

Most of the info is on Caribbean sky tours website.

Can you really overfly Mx then return to the US? (I thought that was only for Canada).
I think most of the problems with this would be returning north into the US. Much of the Mx border you can go south and they won't be aware of it or care.
Crossing northbound, we are watched pretty closely.

Back