Met up with Wayne Bower; Paul Sanchez; Scott KS moniac

Tony_Scarpelli

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Tony_Scarpelli
After reading about the Cessna Twin conference being in Wichita this weekend I ran over to the airport Hilton/Doubletree to see if I could spot any of my buddies and I am happy to say I ran into Wayne; Paul and Scott. It was a good day.

If anyone else from these or AOPA forums is in Wichita, please call me and I will buy the first round of drinks. Three one six 461-8439.

If you are in town without a rental car and want to get away from the conference hotel, let me know.

I have some photos I will upload later.

Good to see you, Tony, and others too. Scott is working on some interesting stuff with his 201 and Paul brought plenty of large-profile pictures that he uses for training. :D

I'm guessing the owners who attended were thanking their lucky stars that their planes didn't sustain any damage from the 89 mph winds that blew through ICT on Thursday night and took out numerous trees on the airport.

The show was interesting, especially the continuing array of speed and performance mods that continue to proliferate. Mach 1 Twin Cessnas may be available soon :D

With respect to training, the Simcom rep told me that they will provide additional dual instruction in the owner's airplane after the sim training is completed. I didn't know anybody was still providing that service but it could be a huge benefit for both initial and recurrent training.

And with three-digit temps throughout the area, I can say without reservation that the little ice-chest A/C unit in the back seat paid for itself again yesterday.

After reading about the Cessna Twin conference being in Wichita this weekend I ran over to the airport Hilton/Doubletree to see if I could spot any of my buddies and I am happy to say I ran into Wayne; Paul and Scott. It was a good day.

If anyone else from these or AOPA forums is in Wichita, please call me and I will buy the first round of drinks. Three one six 461-8439.

If you are in town without a rental car and want to get away from the conference hotel, let me know.

I have some photos I will upload later.

Hmm... Triple digit temps and very strong winds overnight. Maybe we didn't do too badly by staying home until we get the AC installed even though we would've liked to see everyone.

Here are two of our favorite people: Wayne and Paul Sanchez.. Scott left before I got the camera out.

Glad to meet up with you guys. I learned a bunch talking to Avidyne, Garmin and King about which way to go with my avionics when I have some money to sink into aviation(when the home remodel is done). I also had nice visits with the engine builders who surprisingly told me to enjoy my Top OH engine and confirmed a likely positive outcome.

I resisted the temptation to buy vg's as I am happy with the stall speed on the Comanche as it is. Now if they had promised more top end speed that would be another matter.

The tour guy was interesting with the round the world tour arrangement services.

I cannot believe how much engine analyzers and fuel flow instruments have gone up. Whew!

As for the meals, Paul said that the filet mignon (filet de bœuf) served Fri eve was out of this world and the most tender he has ever eaten. That is Kansas beef for you.

Attachments

• IMGP5865.JPG
    IMGP5865.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 468582.jpg
    468582.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 19
Back