Met Florida Pilot today

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
- - - more like "crossed paths." After taking my Thanksgiving guest to Portland Jetport today I stopped into Becky's Diner, on Portland's waterfront. http://www.beckysdiner.com/ The fellow sitting in the next booth had a T-shirt that screamed aviation. So we talked for a bit. He had flown from Ocala, FL a 414 for maintenance at Maine Aviation Company at KPWM. His personal plane is a late 1960s C-172. Name? Who needs names to talk aviation? He saw some of my aerial photos and I suspect we'll be in further contact at some point.

My guest? From Fort Lauderdale, arrived on the 24th. Disaster flight! No electricity in Baltimore, thus caused flight problems. SHE got to Portland; baggage didn't - got personally delivered to here the next morning. The bad storm occurred at Thanksgiving. December 02: snow/freezing rain/icy roads all night and morning of Dec. 03. Slower than usual trip to Portland Jetport. She had arrived in a storm and left in one. Arrived KFTL at 1700 -- 81° It's been a long day.

HR

Florida pilots are warmer ,this time of year.

There must have been a court order involved for someone to fly from FL to ME this time of year.

There must have been a court order involved for someone to fly from FL to ME this time of year.
The 414 pilot was delivering it for a friend, for maintenance.

My guest? Former wife, divorced 30+ years, grew up in Maine but has lived in the South for similar years; can't take the cold anymore but got it and more during this visit. We usually go to Becky's Diner on the way to the airport. This trip was delayed by treacherous highways, so direct to KPWM. On my way home I went to Becky's, ordered Chardonnay and lunch for me AND the invisible guest.
(IPad image may be 90* OFF here.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 25
Yes, I drank and ate both servings. Waitress thought it was a hoot.

Invisible guest shall be back for Memorial Day couple weeks of warmer WX, if "still speaking" lasts that long.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 12
Good job and good luck on the still speaking thing.

Back