Met a PoA Today, in Maine

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
PoA CT Arrow is spending a couple nights at Grey Havens Inn, about 4½ miles below my house. Shortly after 1700 I received an email that Andy and Diana had done a lot of traveling today, but if I had some time we could meet at around 1730. Great timing: at that moment I was waiting to be picked up by a friend for a dinner engagement at Grey Havens Inn. And so, out on the porch for a drink while overlooking the ocean. The lighting for photos was not good but I got a couple shots; and a couple interior photos of the spectacular property. It was a pleasure to meet another PoA.

For general information, the Inn is about a 25 minute drive from KBXM Brunswick; about the same from KIWI Wiscasset. Enterprise rental cars are available in each town, though not at the airports.

HR

Attachments

• DSC03356.JPG
    15.7 MB · Views: 26
  • DSC03360.JPG
    11.3 MB · Views: 21
  • DSC03363.JPG
    19.5 MB · Views: 10
  • DSC03365.JPG
    11 MB · Views: 8
We are in Quincy this week, visiting a brand new Granddaughter! (First time Grandpa)

Heading to Maine next Sunday to pick up my mom to bring to Quincy for a visit. Don't think I'll have time to stop but I've put Grey Havens on my list for future visits.

Glad to hear all is still going well.

With the two airports from which to choose, it's an ideal flying family's get-away stay. BLUE(the dining room)was busy, my linguini with clams, scallops, and muscles was EXCELLENT, and the fruit crisp a la mode was to die for.

I said to my friend, "I know that lady over at the table in the middle, but I can't remember her name." We were on the porch, leaving, when said lady came out and said, "You used to have the camera store in Brunswick."
"Yes, I told my friend I quickly recognized you but, nine years after selling the store I just can't remember your name."
"I'm Sue Xxxxxxxx; my husband just retired after over 40 years as Professor of History at Bowdoin College."
Wow! It's a warm feeling to be remembered; and Mrs. Xxxxxxx then went back inside to rejoin the professor. 'Twas another nice day in Georgetown.

HR

Back