Member Hangars Added

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
Pilots of America is happy to announce Member Hangars!!!

Now you can show off your plane for everyone to see!

In the NavBar which appears at the top of the site is a new link for "Member Hangars" - click that link to see what airplanes other members of PoA are flying!

To add your plane to your hangar, click on the User CP link in the NavBar, then click Edit Hangar in the Settings & Options section!

Enjoy! :)

Oops.:eek:

I um...forgot to turn on the master switch for the feature.

As an admin, it let me see it anyway so I didn't notice.

Ok, its on now. Now if only I had pics of our club plane here so I could kick things off right. :confused: ;)

Hrm. Ok, got to do a little trouble shooting obviously...

Ok, NOW its working properly.

Silly Greebo. TEST before release! (Sorry guys, been an off and on day here...)

Greebo said:
Ok, NOW its working properly.

Silly Greebo. TEST before release! (Sorry guys, been an off and on day here...)
No, have someone else (who doesn't have admin privs) test before release! :D

WHAT!? Apply best computing practices?! HERE!?? NEVAH!!!!!

Having stepped on my, uh, err, credibility once or twice by testing things with my DBA privileged account and then throwing them to the public as "ready for production", I try to remember to test my stuff with my "brain dead" account... "try to remember" is my operative word, tho! :) suffering from serious CRS ...

Does it allow for us to put in two different airplanes? (and a John Deere?) Will it break it down into two sections?

Currently it only supports one hangar per user. However, the developers of this modification have been working on a "Multiple Hangar" adjustment, and are beta testing it. When they publish it as finished, I'll be including it here.

Greebo said:
Currently it only supports one hangar per user. However, the developers of this modification have been working on a "Multiple Hangar" adjustment, and are beta testing it. When they publish it as finished, I'll be including it here.

Thanks Chuck. :)

It would also be nice for folks in clubs with websites to be able to cut and paste links to images rather than uploading.

The text area where you can enter a description of your plane(s) accepts vBCode commands just like a message in a thread - so you can apply formatting, include links, etc, as much as you like.

I'm also going to be adding some custom commands at some point to allow you to create tables in messages.

Diana said:
Does it allow for us to put in two different airplanes? (and a John Deere?) Will it break it down into two sections?
Multiple Hangars? John Deere tractors? Sheesh! Just color me John Deere Green with envy!!! :D I guess I shouldn't be - I grew up with more John Deere, International and Case Yellowequipment than John Deere Green equipment...Man, I miss those days! :D

I must not be holding my toungue right since I can't get the image to display as an image rather than a url. It would be nice to have a delete button for when users want to remove their hangers.

And I'm probably missing it somewhere........

:(

Could you elaborate a little more on what you're trying to do, Ron?

I agree - a delete button is needed eventually. :)

Oh I see - no - in the Images section, the images must be uploaded as attachments.

When browsing and looking at the images you want to post, right click the image and click "Save Picture As...", save it on your hard drive, and then upload it here.

Alternatively, in the big text box you should be able to insert

Right, I was just trying to save jumping through so many hoops since they are already on the web.

I'll get to it eventually...

I noticed that some pictures (most of mine) are bigger than the window and that no scroll bars are associated, hence you can't move around to see the entire image. Is there a required size or can scroll bars be associated with the pictures?

Thanks.

drhunt said:
I noticed that some pictures (most of mine) are bigger than the window and that no scroll bars are associated, hence you can't move around to see the entire image. Is there a required size or can scroll bars be associated with the pictures?

Thanks.
All of mine did that too, so I went back and resized them.
:)

Diana said:
All of mine did that too, so I went back and resized them.
:)

Thanks. I can do that too but I thought I was missing something.

Back