MEI's needed

Dash Aviation

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dash Aviation
Looking for multi time? We are hiring full time and part-time multi engine instructors for accelerated multi engine flight school in southern Maine. Beech 76 Duchess or Piper Seminole experience is a plus. Our full time instructors can expect 70+hrs of multi time a month and earn $2,000-$3,000 monthly. Please PM if you interested.

Sounds like a good deal for some MEIs, and you get the perk of working in a very pretty part of the country.

Good luck on your search, and welcome to PoA!

SOMEONE ELSE FROM MAINE ON POA! :D :p

(Serious) Is this out of Portland or Augusta?

Too bad I'm not an MEI. This is something I would actually consider if I was.

Just stick your fingers in your ears and yell lalala and you can join the small exclusive club who thinks so.

There's a shortage of pilots with greater than 1500 hours and a commercial multi who are willing to work for the $20K - $36K per year salary range.

There's a shortage of pilots with greater than 1500 hours and a commercial multi who are willing to work for the $20K - $36K per year salary range.

Don't you mean 1500 hrs and an ATP?

Correct.

Pretty soon there will be a shortage of pilots with 135 IFR minimums (1200hrs iirc).

Then there will be a shortage of people with MEI tickets who are willing to instruct.

Don't you mean 1500 hrs and an ATP?

I didn't think the ATP is a requirement, just the hours (getting the ATP during your sim ride at the end of your initial company training seems to be standard practice already).

There are MEIs at ATP with less than 300 hours making $7.50/flight hour that would collectively **** themselves if they found out they could make $2k/mo

Didn't know that. Does the type certification course cover all the new ATP requirements? (Ie 6 hours in a level C sim, etc?)

So, if I have a commercial multi and 1500 hrs, I could theoretically apply to a regional? Would I stand a chance of being hired?

So, if I have a commercial multi and 1500 hrs, I could theoretically apply to a regional? Would I stand a chance of being hired?

They typically required the ATP written. Now with the new pre-requisites for the written this may change.

Didn't know that. Does the type certification course cover all the new ATP requirements? (Ie 6 hours in a level C sim, etc?)

I did a few ATP checkrides in conjunction with issuing a type rating, essentially the same checkride.

I haven't read up on the new rules but I'm sure it follows in line with air carrier training requirements already in place.

Not only would you be hired but if you played your cards right you could get 5k signing bonus too. No, there's no pilot shortage - :rolleyes:

That could take first year pay to upwards of $32K/year. Don't go nuts with all that....

Yeah, and at the rate things are going you'd no doubt be picked up by a major in your third year. What do you have planned that's sounding better than that ?

Yeah, and at the rate things are going you'd no doubt be picked up by a major in your third year. What do you have planned that's sounding better than that ?

That was the plan of many in 1998. In 2008, those folks were still working for the same regionals.

There's industry movement...that's a good thing. At the same time, I urge folks to enter the industry with eyes wide open. We're always one financial collapse, terrorist attack, or fuel spike away from massive furloughs again.

That was the plan of many in 1998. In 2008, those folks were still working for the same regionals.

There's industry movement...that's a good thing. At the same time, I urge folks to enter the industry with eyes wide open. We're always one financial collapse, terrorist attack, or fuel spike away from massive furloughs again.

Really no industry is that healthy right now. Might as well do something you like for as long as you can at least.

Well, financially, my current career....

This would just be for "fun" if I had nothing else to do or wasn't that concerned about money at some point.

On the other hand, I'm sure it would probably get boring after a while.

I used to tinker with computers in my spare time. Now that I do it for work, I don't do it at home anymore. Same thing would probably happen with flying, I suppose.

Dan

I used to tinker with computers in my spare time. Now that I do it for work, I don't do it at home anymore. Same thing would probably happen with flying, I suppose.

Plenty of airline pilots who own aircraft or do things like flying aerobatics in their spare time.

I guess that is the difference between the pilots and the 'systems managers'.

Back