Meigs raiders get another midnight destruction job

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
38442365-03101518.jpg

I swear this is the same clout heavy company that got $millions for bulldozing Meigs at midnight.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-spindlemay03,0,7042335.story

Guess they though they might as well use the guys with experience? :dunno:

Re: Meigs raiders get another destruction midnight job

I think that chick taking the picture is HOT.:fcross:

Why did they take it down?

They think we need another drugstore:

Activists had been fighting to preserve the towering stack of eight cars, impaled on a silver spike, in Cermak Plaza, near Cermak Road and Harlem Avenue, where a Walgreens is to be built.

They think we need another drugstore:

Seriously, that's probably on south Harlem Avenue. At the intersection of Harlem and Irving Park Road there are 4 Walgreens stores. In Chicago, there are 3 on Diversey Parkway, with each a maximum of 3 blocks away from the other.

Like with Starbucks, they know that they can't ask customers to cross the street.

Seriously, that's probably on south Harlem Avenue. At the intersection of Harlem and Irving Park Road there are 4 Walgreens stores. In Chicago, there are 3 on Diversey Parkway, with each a maximum of 3 blocks away from the other.

Like with Starbucks, they know that they can't ask customers to cross the street.

1) Irving Park Road and Harlem. Oops. I guess they closed some of the older stores.

2) Diversey. Like I said, these Chicago neighborhoods are dense.

3) Berwyn. There is a Walgreens where they took down the spindle. I think they're building a new store to replace it.

We have CVS competing now, too and I think another chain is supposed to be coming.

Attachments

• wags-north.jpg
    wags-north.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 10
  • wags-diversey.jpg
    wags-diversey.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 10
  • wags-berwyn.jpg
    wags-berwyn.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I thought people in Chicago knew how to take care of BUSINESS their own way!!

Back