MEI with their own plane in the Seattle / Tacoma ish area

red4golf

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Red4Golf
I don't know if I will ever really need my CASEL unless I go for a CASES but that is kind of a dream at the moment. I have a opportunity in the near future for a gig flying twins and am looking at going for my CMEL. The problem is that I'm a cheap family man and need advice. While I might have all of the requirements for the CSEL completed, it has been nearly 2 years since I've flown the maneuvers so I assume it will take a few hours to get back into the swing of things. My thought is that it might be better to go for the CMEL and then think about the CSEL if I find it necessary.

Now, the issue is that I don't really have the coin in place to just go for it and I do have other flying planned for the year (family trips, fun and charity) so I'm wondering if there is anyone in the area that could help me knock out the requirements. If not I have a plan but it just sounds like a low key and kind of fun way to fly off a couple of the cross country requirements before committing the family treasure chest to the cause. Payment is expected and the possibility of finishing the rating with whomever I'm flying with is cool with me. I'm not asking for a free ride, I just want to enjoy the journey and the $414 an hour I was quoted earlier today prompted this question.

Back