MedXpress Site Down?

Marauder

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Marauder
I've been trying all day to log-in to setup a third class medical and the site keeps hour glassing and then timing out. Anyone else having problems getting into the site?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been trying for hours too. I have even tried different browsers and computers. I was lucky enough to have this same thing happen to me last year as well when I needed to get on the site.

Just checked, and yes it's down....

Just curious if the FAA has a contingency plan for MedXpress going down. What's are pilots supposed to do if they can't enter their data. Even better, what are the docs supposed to do if they can't access it?

Just checked, and yes it's down....

Thanks Bruce for checking. I guess there will be a number of rescheduled medicals until it gets resolved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just curious if the FAA has a contingency plan for MedXpress going down. What's are pilots supposed to do if they can't enter their data. Even better, what are the docs supposed to do if they can't access it?
Play golf...

Still down. The system has been around long enough that it shouldn't have end-of-year problems, and the leap second is long-gone.

I'll bet they're getting hammered with people needing 3rd class who foolishly believed FAA when they said repeatedly and publically that they'd have PBOR2 implemented on-time.

Here's an email I sent to AOPA and EAA...

I read something disturbing the other day.
It was in Federal Air Surgeon's Medical Bulletin 16-2 and titled
"From the Federal Air Surgeon’s perspective... What We Know About the New Law and Why We Still Need You BY JAMES R. FRASER, MD, MPH"
In one of the early paragraphs he says:

"First of all, nothing changes immediately. The Agency has one year from signing, or by July 15, 2017, to finalize the rulemaking..."

That's certainly not how I read the new law, and it reflects a disturbing attitude from the FAS towards the Congressional mandate that these new procedures be in place 180 days after the law was signed.
I recall reading elsewhere that FAA had publicly indicated that they felt confident they could and would meet the 180 day rule. This certainly doesn't sound like Dr. Fraser takes this seriously.
I'd be interested in hearing comment from AOPA (Hi Gary!) and EAA.

My guy got through on the phone yesterday. They said it's been down since 1/1/17 and that they don't know when it will be back up. That was before they put up the notice to not call them about this. His medical was scheduled for this morning. Doctor can't access either, so ...

My guy got through on the phone yesterday. They said it's been down since 1/1/17 and that they don't know when it will be back up. That was before they put up the notice to not call them about this. His medical was scheduled for this morning. Doctor can't access either, so ...
Yeah, my third-class expires at the end of the month, all my data for this round is entered but I didn't pull the trigger on it yet because I don't have the exam scheduled. I tried to get on yesterday to run the validation but the app was hung and unresponsive.

It sure smells like a year-end problem; if they don't know when it will be back up it's probably not just a volume issue, but a programming thing.

A real head-scratcher since the system has been in place for several years now. I wonder if some vital talent who knows how to handle year-end didn't retire or move on because he knows that PBOR2 is coming and the system will see much less workload once that's in place. The Flight Surgeon letter I cited earlier was a effort to maintain morale because apparently OkeCity aeromedical people have been leaving in droves.

Of course Customs and Border Protection had their own year-end computer problem...

Last edited:
I suspect the real issue is whoever knows how to deal with it is still on holiday vacation.

The applicant side was down when I posted the above. It appears to be up now.
\

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back