MedXPress screw up, or not?

U

Unregistered

When I got my last medical 5 years ago, I checked boxes 18(c) [past unconsciousness], box 18(e) [allergies], and box 18(u) [prior admission to the hospital]. After discussing them with the AME, he said I shouldn't have checked 18(u) based on the facts of what happened (I was hit in the head with a golf ball over 10 years ago, momentarily may or may not have lost consciousness, and was taken to the hospital but NOT admittied - it was a semantic error on my part with the word "admitted").

Long story short, I didn't check any of the three boxes this time because they were past issues already reviewed by the AME 5 years ago, but in reviewing the paperwork for my Class 3 tomorrow, I read it closer and realized that I probably should have checked some of the boxes, but as you all know the MedXPress will not allow changes and the information is already locked in.

Here are my questions:

1. Is this something I can deal with at the exam tomorrow with the AME? Or do I need to use a second email and create a new form to take to him? What is the best course of action?

2. The AME last time said I shouldn't have checked 18(u) based on what happened, but that form 8500-8 has the box checked. Should I check it anyway this time and say "PREVIOUSLY REPORTED, NO CHANGE" or not check it on the advice of my last AME?

Thanks!

I'm in good health and not worried about the physical, just paranoid about the bureaucratic process...

The AME should be able to correct the form online and add the checked boxes and "previously reported no change".

If you are concerned, you could create a new login, reacomplishlish the form and bring in the second number for him to call up. The first will die on the vine.

Thanks BillTIZ.

I think I'm just paranoid about a paperwork flub costing me my ticket. I'm probably going to do a second form tomorrow morning before I go into the exam and use that one.

Thanks BillTIZ.

I think I'm just paranoid about a paperwork flub costing me my ticket. I'm probably going to do a second form tomorrow morning before I go into the exam and use that one.

Before the AME downloads the form (and makes the exam official) hand him your printed copy with the confirmation code at the bottom removed and in your pocket. Ask him to review the print out to ensure all is well. State your concern that you told us here.

If he says all is good and can issue, or there is something he is able to fix and can issue, then hand him the confirmation. But also be ready to fill out the form a third time if the AME says it's beyond repair.

And don't forget to save the PDF file to your hard drive for future reference. You only get one spot to do this, and if you proceed past that spot, you are not able to back up to it.

Thanks for putting me at ease guys. I filled out a second form with an alternate email and all the details and everything went well, so I have my class 3 for another 5 years.

Thanks for putting me at ease guys. I filled out a second form with an alternate email and all the details and everything went well, so I have my class 3 for another 5 years.

Good!!! Did you remember to save a PDF copy for the next time.

Yes I did! Now lets just hope this "sleep apnea testing" regulation never gets implemented and fades away before the next exam...

Yes I did! Now lets just hope this "sleep apnea testing" regulation never gets implemented and fades away before the next exam...

Ummmm... if you even think you have OSA, get it checked out. Very worth knowing if you're affected and if you are, being on therapy and getting a good nights rest is the best thing.

I've been checked out and they say I don't have it, I just don't like the fact they are adding another doctor to the medical process.

Best advice ever from Dr. Bruce Chein...

"Health first -- Fly Later!"​

So what if another doctor is added? Ignoring a simple health warning could lead to worse that would but the kibosh on the whole thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back