Medication Check / Data Base

ErikDean

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ErikDean
Question:

For 3rd Class Exam, does the Dr. check an online database for any prescriptions you may have had over the last few years. No flames please. I'm just not listing something I took for 2 months 1 year ago that could cause a hassle.

I'll even clarify. Pain Meds for Extensive Dental Work.

Question:

For 3rd Class Exam, does the Dr. check an online database for any prescriptions you may have had over the last few years. No flames please. I'm just not listing something I took for 2 months 1 year ago that could cause a hassle.

I'll even clarify. Pain Meds for Extensive Dental Work.
The examiner is unlikely to go hunting for what prescriptions you were issued or filled. He is relying on you to declare that on the MedXpress form.

However, if you were ever involved in a significant incident that bent an airplane or people, then the inspectors will definitely go into your past medical records to see what of any significance is there.

My "not an AME and SGOTI" opinion is to declare the doc visit (normally routine dental is excluded) and the medication you took. The AME will likely ask for some additional details, write some notes, and move on.

Declaring it is the right thing. Hiding it is something that can come back to bite you.

I'm just not listing something I took for 2 months 1 year ago that could cause a hassle.
Normal use of pain meds for a "normal" procedure is often very okay with the FAA.

It's when you get into abuse and addiction territory.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back