Medical with Locally advanced prostate cancer

P

Prostate Pete

Diagnosed 2 years ago with high risk prostate cancer. Imagining negative at diagnosis. Surgery pathology Stage 3aMxN0 Gleason 8 negative margins. PSA undetectable since surgery. Adjuvant radiation and Lupron Casodex until June 1 of this year.

Q. Will FAA require new bone and CT scan for SI?
Q. Is this a big deal to get SI?

No. long letter from oncologist summarizing your course, an substantiating you staging.
How you were treated and that he thinks you PSA reflects “ no evidence of disease”.

Fairly easy SI, as SIs go.....

I had positive margins and SVI so I had to submit pathology report, surgical report, office visit reports, surgeon letter declaring no evidence of recurrence, and all PSA’s for the initial special issuance.

For the next 2-3 years they wanted periodic PSA’s, office visit reports, and “no evidence of recurrence” letters for renewals. After a few years I got a letter stating future medicals would not require a SI unless there was a change in my status.

Mine was Gleason 6 (pre and post op pathology) with PSA above 10. Had mine been contained entirely within the prostate issuance would’ve been a lot easier.

Dr Chien was a huge help in guiding me through the process.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back