Medical reveiws?

Chuck Dillon

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
grnbrt1956
I was wondering can any action be taken aginst an AME that delays sending up a medical that has to be reveiwed by the regional AME? I took my class 2 physical on 8 July 08, at that time I had posted a change on my medical that I had prostate cancer diagonsed in July of 2007 and had a radical prostomy in Sept of 2007.

From that time till now my PSA levels have been 0.01. I called the regional AME office today 31 July and was toold they did not recive my medical for reveiw until 25 July! That was 13 working days from when I took my physical! The regional AME is on vacation till sometime next week, so here I sit waiting .

Oh the doctor who preformed my physical and the regional AME office is not only in the same state, NH, but in the same town, Nashua!

Any recourse on this?

Thanks
Chuck

The situation sucks, but be gentle in your approach. Remember:

Hell hath no fury like a Beaurocrat scorned.

OK, the quote is not dead on this particular case, but you don't want to get in between a dog and a fire hydrant!

-Skip

Thanks Skip, yeah I am old enough to know better about rocking the boat and kicking over the beehive!

Always seems that there is some road block in the way

Chuck

I wonder what is meant by "sending up a medical"? They're entered electronically in the AMCS (similar to IACRA) system and the Entirety of the bureaucracy sees it the moment it's entered.

If the electronics were entered short of 14 days, and the paperwork was 3 days late (there is no limitation on when the papers arrive- they get 30 days) it was done in a timely fashion.

Just because I have the staff to send people to the post office to certify everything the same evening doesn't mean every office can do that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back