Medical Question

Aviatrix

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Aviatrix
So after reading horror stories about medicals, I'm kind of nervous about this form. I have allergies and I know I'll have to put that. My allergies are mainly only to cats/dogs/horses/mice/etc. I've also been going under immunotherapy for over a year now as well. Will this be okay? Does anyone have experience going through this process with allergies?

I've googled it a bit and it seems to say that the FAA will approve of pilots going through immunotherapy and I know which over the counter drugs they approve. I don't believe I'll ever be flying with an animal.

So after reading horror stories about medicals, I'm kind of nervous about this form. I have allergies and I know I'll have to put that. My allergies are mainly only to cats/dogs/horses/mice/etc. I've also been going under immunotherapy for over a year now as well. Will this be okay? Does anyone have experience going through this process with allergies?

I've googled it a bit and it seems to say that the FAA will approve of pilots going through immunotherapy and I know which over the counter drugs they approve. I don't believe I'll ever be flying with an animal.

Not to make light of your concern, but I have had one or two instructors over the years who would fit that description.

Seriously, this does not seem like a big issue but you should be getting authoritative advice from Dr C shortly.

Cheers

I went through the process a few months ago with the same allergies you are describing (but without the immunotherapy). The doc said no problem so long as I only use the FAA approved meds.

Good luck Aviatrix. It's kind of ridiculous that you would even have to worry about something as insignificant as this, but all of us pilots do the same thing. Hopefully, you won't have to spend thousands of dollars on tests to prove you are fit to fly when you already know you are.

It'll be fine. It won't be fine if you're having asthma attacks. So FAA really, generally thinks this is a good thing....

Back