Medical ombudsman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

When confronted with questions unanticipated by the FAA's medical certification pages of its website, yet needing to maintain your anonymity so as not to compromise your viability as a sport pilot of LSAs, you may want to consider asking them of the editor of the Federal Air Surgeon's "Medical Bulletin".

I did. He graciously passed them to Dr. Brian Johnson who took the time to respond. To add another layer of privacy, I created an alias email account and took care to send and reply in care of the alias.

The editor's contact information is:

Michael E. Wayda
Writer/Editor, CAMI Publications, AAM-400

An ombudsman is a trusted intermediary between organizations and its constituents.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if he could give some information concerning the backlog of SI applications. I started calling about a month after my SI expired as in previous years it was always renewed promptly. It should be no more than a rubber stamp sort of deal since I easily passed my eye exam. The nice person I call every week or so tells me that my paperwork is awaiting review but won't even hint on the duration of the backlog. Would this be an appropriate question for the ombudsman?

Unreg, HE IS NOT AN OMBUDSMAN.

I know that Michael is a really nice guy and that his info is available if someone really wants to find it. But I am VERY certain he does not want his information published and being an ombudsman is WAYYy far away from his job description. He's a writer. His info is in the FASMB for Designees to submit articles.

I would ask that you take his contact information down. People who want to find it will. But if he gets overwhelmed, that faucet will be shutoff, as well. This is called, "insuring that no good deed goes unpunished".

You can plaster it up on many boards, but you are not doing him a service, nor the community of AMEs who will have their contact shut down. And make no mistake, they will shut his public line and email down.

Sigh...

Last edited:
OP here.

Did you speak with him? Does he regret helping me?

Unreg, HE IS NOT AN OMBUDSMAN.

I know that Michael is a really nice guy and that his info is available if someone really wants to find it. But I am VERY certain he does not want his information published and being an ombudsman is WAYYy far away from his job description. He's a writer. His info is in the FASMB for Designees to submit articles.

I would ask that you take his contact information down. People who want to find it will. But if he gets overwhelmed, that faucet will be shutoff, as well. This is called, "insuring that no good deed goes unpunished".

You can plaster it up on many boards, but you are not doing him a service, nor the community of AMEs who will have their contact shut down. And make no mistake, they will shut his public line and email down.

Sigh...

Note that we have a policy here at POA that states "Participant shall not post messages containing personal phone numbers or addresses other than their own." All who joined this site had to agree to that policy, which is part of our Rules of Conduct.

The original post has been edited to remove the direct contact information.

Note that we have a policy here at POA that states "Participant shall not post messages containing personal phone numbers or addresses other than their own." All who joined this site had to agree to that policy, which is part of our Rules of Conduct.

The original post has been edited to remove the direct contact information.
OP here.

Note to you: It wasn't a "personal phone number or address". It was public. He's a public servant. He works for us. I expected him to help. I was grateful he did. There shouldn't be any flood of others if things are properly managed. He could have directed me to the proper department, if there is any. You are out of line. My post was tampered with. It isn't appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back