Medical flight test question

FutureFly

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
FutureFly
When resisting a medical flight test with flight surgeon… is it required to request a specific airport/airfield/school as to where you wish to take said test? I don’t know where I would like to take it, as I’ve yet to fly in my home state, yet I’ve recieved my FAA denial letter stating I can request a medical flight test today in mail. Have attached template. Please let me know if adjustments should be made.

Attachments

• DEC2FF91-24FF-4622-8B47-D687A73C01E9.jpeg
    DEC2FF91-24FF-4622-8B47-D687A73C01E9.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 77
Your medical flight test should be assigned and coordinated through your closes FSDO.

Your medical flight test should be assigned and coordinated through your closes FSDO.

so when I request the medical flight test; all I have to say is my closest FSDO? Then when I receive the approval to test letter… when I contact FSDO they will be the ones I tell which airport id like to test at?

You REQUEST authoriztion for the medical flight test through OKC. OKC then authrorises the FSDO for six months. In many FSDOs then the FSDO farms out the exam to the DPE. If you try it the other way around it does not work.

You REQUEST authoriztion for the medical flight test through OKC. OKC then authrorises the FSDO for six months. In many FSDOs then the FSDO farms out the exam to the DPE. If you try it the other way around it does not work.
Thank you Dr. Bruce!! Most helpful. Yes requesting. Sent my letter yesterday

Back