Medical Charter?

BellyUpFish

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Backtothesand
Hey guys-

I've got a friend who has a sick family member. Very limited time left.

The family would like to fly said individual home. Reno to KMSL.

Anyone have any suggestions on who to talk to?

Thanks

Depends on how sick he is, does he need a nurse or paramedic to fly with him, because if that's the case most of the angel flight like organizations won't do it as its a straigh medevac at that point.

If he does need a medevac that can get pricy, ones I know of are billed out around 30-40k.

Some of the fly by night jet medevacs that also do normal charter might be less.

There are some lower budget medevac providers using 421s. A bit cheaper than the jet oitfits.

It seems as if the OP is talking about a flight from Reno, NV to northern Alabama which is a long way for a sick person in anything other than a jet.

Maybe rent a big motorhome and drive. That way the person can lay in a bed and have all the medical stuff they may need on hand, have family around during the trip, and make one last memory. And I think this would be a lot less stress for the sick person.

Maybe rent a big motorhome and drive. That way the person can lay in a bed and have all the medical stuff they may need on hand, have family around during the trip, and make one last memory. And I think this would be a lot less stress for the sick person.

If the guy is on a vent or has a bunch of drips going that might not be very feasible

All choices definitely depend on how incapacitated the person is and how tolerant he or she might be to travel.

I appreciate all the help guys. He wound up passing away while away from home.

Back