medical cert. renewal

Gerhardt

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Gerhardt
I renewed my medical this morning. Until she handed me the card as I was paying I had no idea there would be an asterisk attached. "must wear corrective lenses while exercising the privileges of airman certificate".

"Hey, what's this?"

"I'm sorry, Mr. Gerhardt, but you're getting older." I'm only 41!

Gerhardt said:
I renewed my medical this morning. Until she handed me the card as I was paying I had no idea there would be an asterisk attached. "must wear corrective lenses while exercising the privileges of airman certificate".

"Hey, what's this?"

Thats when it hit me, as far as reading lenses is concerned.

I'm 32 and at my last medical the Dr said it my be my last that I can pass without the glasses. Hopefully he's wrong.

Missa

Gerhardt said:
Mine says that plus: "and possess glasses that correct for near vision." :(

Of course, my excuse is that I'm 63.

Gerhardt said:

"Hey, what's this?"

Don't feel so bad, I'm 39 and keep a pair of cheaters with me. Don't need them often, but am sure glad I have them when I do!

yeah but wearing glasses all the time is not the same as needing reading glasses. Are you sure that the AME put the right thing down or that you vision has degraded to having to have some sort of correction all the time.

Reading glasses for older people happen because of two thing. First is that the lens in the eye hardens and becomes less flexible making it harder to focus on thing nearer the eye. The second is that our arms become shorter as we age.

Back