Medical Application

pcaro505

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
pcaro505
Hello All,

So I have omitted past medical history from my medical application. To be honest, I had just completely forgotten about it. I am not on any meds and haven't been in years. But I was diagnosed with depression six years ago (might have been seven years ago) and was treated for it for a short term. It was situational due to my daughter getting assaulted. We dealt with it and moved on. I was on Wellbutrin for maybe a year. It was so long ago I couldn't find the medical records or the prescription information. My medical records show it as a "Resolved" condition, and not being treated for it. If that even matters to the FAA. However, I already have my medical now. So I am possibly in some deep water. I reached out to an aviation attorney for guidance. Is this the right thing to do? How much trouble am I looking at here? I'm just trying to be transparent and get it fixed before the FAA finds it on their own.

Well what you need to present the solution to the FAA B4 they present it to you. You will need the complete record, and a letter from your doc saying:

(1) date of treatment
(2) Date of stop
(3) What was used (list meds)
(4) What the stimulus for the anxiety/depression was
(5) That to his/her knowledge this is your one and only in a lifetime
(6) That there was no suicidality
(7) That he/she has seen you XX years since medication was stopped and
(3) That since discontinuance there is nothing left to treat and you have been doing well.

The letter CANNOT miss a single point. That at least gives the medical officer the opportunity to warn you, and send you an eligiblity letter.

What you did could be considered a class 4 felony. But that doesn't generallyhappen if you are forthcoming and inform them when you can make the simultaneous case that you are completley certifiable.

Well what you need to present the solution to the FAA B4 they present it to you. You will need the complete record, and a letter from your doc saying:

(1) date of treatment
(2) Date of stop
(3) What was used (list meds)
(4) What the stimulus for the anxiety/depression was
(5) That to his/her knowledge this is your one and only in a lifetime
(6) That there was no suicidality
(7) That he/she has seen you XX years since medication was stopped and
(3) That since discontinuance there is nothing left to treat and you have been doing well.

The letter CANNOT miss a single point. That at least gives the medical officer the opportunity to warn you, and send you an eligiblity letter.

What you did could be considered a class 4 felony. But that doesn't generally happen if you are forthcoming and inform them when you can make the simultaneous case that you are completley certifiable.

I have reached out to an attorney to assist me with the situation. Thank you for the information!

Wouldn't the US Attorneys office have to prove someone made false statements intentionally to criminally charge someone? The cases I see referred here on POA are always those folks who were getting a monthly check for disability. They made false statements to the FAA when they got their medical by omitting the medical disability. It's hard to claim it wasn't intentional when your reminded every month by a check you received.

I would be interested to know the attorney's response to this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back