Medexpress with different email

CharlieD3

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CharlieD3
One of the topics here contained a suggestion to use a different email address to refile a corrected medexpress form. Is that wise/effective/legal?

I really messed up my online med express filing.. I.e. for dosage on drugs taken it says I take 81 aspirin a day... I take 1 81mg. And it's that bad on all the drugs I listed. For dosage, apparently they mean how many pills not the mg. Per pill.

I just want to make it correct, and not look like too much of an idiot when I go to ame next week. Lot of explaining to do.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

You can wait 30-60(?) days and let it expire. Or you can use a different email and fill out a fresh one and let the old one expire.

Yeah... But look like idiot... Man, I miss the old days, kinda.

Man, I miss the old days, kinda.

upload_2019-6-21_10-24-24.png

Used to use that stuff big time during college at Texas A&M. Until I completely covered the computer monitor and couldn't see what I was typing.

setting up more than one med-express account will cause you problems. AME can correct anything.

Thanks... Lots to fix... Tried to do it on my phone... Maybe seeing everything on the computer monitor would have been more prudent.

Thanks... Lots to fix... Tried to do it on my phone... Maybe seeing everything on the computer monitor would have been more prudent.
Once you do get all the way through with an accurate version, make sure to save the info as a PDF file before you press the submit button for the final time.

Then copy that file to several spots such as Google Docs, flash drives, etc.

Doing so will make your life muuuuch simpler when it's time for your next renewal. You can cut and paste doctor visits, meds, and other details, making the submission faster, more accurate, and reducing the chance of omission to near zero.

setting up more than one med-express account will cause you problems. AME can correct anything.
I only use the new medxpress in dire situations where the pilot reports something in a 4-12 alarm way that needs better stated. For something like the OP describes, let the AME fix it.

I just had a guy get his first medical and misspelled his last name and didn’t discover it until going out the door. We fixed that, too.

I only use the new medxpress in dire situations where the pilot reports something in a 4-12 alarm way that needs better stated. For something like the OP describes, let the AME fix it.

I just had a guy get his first medical and misspelled his last name and didn’t discover it until going out the door. We fixed that, too.
Thanks so much doc.. I am grateful you took the time to chime in. I will heed your advice...

I mistakenly checked one of the block 18 items that didn’t apply to me.... the AME corrected it to NO but said it would still draw extra scrutiny because of my error.

It was already a deferred exam, but how much will this screw me? I mistakenly checked the Neuro box :(. Ugh

@bbchien @lbfjrmd

I'm surprised, because the advice on the forums used to be that re-registering in MedXpress with a different email address was no big deal. What changed?

It doesn't affect me personally, since I'm on BasicMed now; just curious.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back