Medexpress stop question

G

Evening,
Checked med express tonight, been waiting for 2 1/2 months since deferral. Tonight it showed the stop sign. Beneath it it read you are not medically cleared to operate an aircraft. You will receive information by mail. Does this mean I am going to receive a letter to take a medical flight test? Or is it an instant denial? Or just have to wait to see when the mail comes?

Likely will receive a letter of denial with communication describing the optional path to pursue a Special Issuance. This depends, of course, upon the reason you were denied.

No answer to your question, but I have a related question.
A friend of mine was deferred for a single heart related medical event. He was told to expect a letter from the FAA "in a couple of weeks" with further information and instructions. I thought that was extremely optimistic considering the FAA. So far, it has already been a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any idea how long he might have to wait to hear something?

Evening,
Checked med express tonight, been waiting for 2 1/2 months since deferral. Tonight it showed the stop sign. Beneath it it read you are not medically cleared to operate an aircraft. You will receive information by mail. Does this mean I am going to receive a letter to take a medical flight test? Or is it an instant denial? Or just have to wait to see when the mail comes?

Why was it deferred? Sometimes it's only a matter of documentation. If it was a request for a SODA a medical flight test is part of that process. I think all it really "means" at this point is that you are not yet certified, so I think your third question is the most relevant.

Why was it deferred? Sometimes it's only a matter of documentation. If it was a request for a SODA a medical flight test is part of that process. I think all it really "means" at this point is that you are not yet certified, so I think your third question is the most relevant.

Differed due to Mono vision and glaucoma. AME during exam told me there’s no reason I can’t get my pilots certifications. Just will take time and the various required tests. I was just wondering in regards to the stop sign on medexpress since I haven’t heard or anyone encountering that.

The worst part is that FAA will not discuss it with you until the certified letter has been signed for....

The worst part is that FAA will not discuss it with you until the certified letter has been signed for....
Dr. Bruce, does that mean my
Only option at this point is to wait for Cami to send me the letter with the information regarding my medical decision? Any usual time frame for how long it takes for them to send the letter?

Differed due to Mono vision and glaucoma. AME during exam told me there’s no reason I can’t get my pilots certifications. Just will take time and the various required tests. I was just wondering in regards to the stop sign on medexpress since I haven’t heard or anyone encountering that.

I suspect for monocular vision you would have to request a SODA and likely take a Medical Flight Test to demonstrate your ability to operate safely. I'm not sure what the current process involves but I think in the past you had to specifically request it rather than have the FAA offer you the option, so you should discuss it with your AME if that's the case.

(I'm a little surprised that your AME didn't advise you about this issue on your initial application, whatever the current certification process is.)

Back