MedExpress Status Final Review

Chris Charanza

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Chris
So does anyone know how long things actually take once an application goes to final review in MedExpress. I've been checking it periodically once I had all my paperwork sent in by the AME and it's consistently just had Transmitted underlined and every time I'd call OKC they'd just tell me it was still under review. Well today I logged into MedExpress and all the list of files that they had received is now gone and it went from transmitted, skipped over in review completely and now has Final Review underlined. Does this mean that an actual FAA doctor is now looking at the file and I should expect either (a) a special issuance soon or (b) a letter from the FAA telling me I have yet more testing to undergo?

Well I'm able to answer my own question now and it's GREAT NEWS!!!!

class 3 issued and the only note is says is : Not valid for any class after 03-31-23. I guess that means it's an SI for 3rd class because of the Sleep Apnea? Does that also mean that after 03-31-23 I can go Basic Med?

So does anyone know how long things actually take once an application goes to final review in MedExpress. I've been checking it periodically once I had all my paperwork sent in by the AME and it's consistently just had Transmitted underlined and every time I'd call OKC they'd just tell me it was still under review. Well today I logged into MedExpress and all the list of files that they had received is now gone and it went from transmitted, skipped over in review completely and now has Final Review underlined. Does this mean that an actual FAA doctor is now looking at the file and I should expect either (a) a special issuance soon or (b) a letter from the FAA telling me I have yet more testing to undergo?

that just happened to mine “final review” how long does it take in final review???

Hi Brian,

Mine literally went from final review to issued the same day. I clicked it and it had changed to final review and then i clicked it again 30 minutes later and it was issued so you are getting really close. I've heard it can take up to a couple of weeks but that wasn't the case for me. BTW i noticed the Baylor shirt on the little girl, are you in Waco? I actually work for BU.

Thats awesome. I hope to see it next week!!

We live in Woodway. I went to Baylor back in 1994. Getting my private at McGregor executive. Thanks so much for the feedback!! Sic ‘em Bears!!

That's cool. I worked for Woodway PSD for 7 years from 1999-2006. I'm training out at Waco Regional and am up to 35.2 hours now. It's a lot of fun but can be pretty stressful at times.

Very nice! I'm at 48.7 hours just waiting on that darn medical to solo and check ride. I did several touch and goes at Waco last night and WOW it was busy. Very stressful but the best fun I've ever had!!

Yeah I flew a cross country on Friday from Waco to Georgetown College Station and back to Waco landing on 14. It was pretty busy in the pattern when I came in around 5:30 or so. I have a few hours of solo time but I have backloaded it. So I'll do one or two more dual with my CFI and then knock out all the solo stuff and then do checkride prep. If everything works out like I"m hoping I'll be ready to go between 52-55 hours but we'll see i guess.

Dude, I was doing touch and goes at Waco at the same time 5-6pm on 14 small world. Hahaha

I was flying 4865D so you may have or may not have heard me coming in. I was surprised that 14 was in use TBH. I've taken off on it before but that was the first time I've ever landed on it.

I remember the 65Delta tail number. I was in a Cessna 79315 - tower was vectoring me. Right traffic and then left traffic. There was a Cherokee in the pattern and several tail numbers ending in uniform, I think Baylor students. That was also my first on 14.

Yeah we got moved to around heading 020 then got turned back for the downwind of 14, they were fairly busy. I live about 2 miles north of 14 so you literally would fly right over my house on the approach. I see the airforce and navy out there alot in both the T6 and T38 trainers and yes the ones ending in Uniform are Baylor students flying around in their Tecnums.

I would like to fly into Waco (other than commercial). I mentioned that to my CFI and she didn't have a problem with it, but due to busy schedules we just go to Spinks for towered field now.
When I have to fly on business, I insist on going out of Waco. Free parking, and it's only just slightly more than half the distance to DFW for me. The rural drive is more relaxing too - just keep a look out for the hogs and the deer. I miss the old restaurant they deleted to realign the gate access. I remember having lunch there years ago, and would always linger over a cup of coffee after putting my wife on a plane when she would fly back to Virginia to visit her folks.
The FBO looks very nice, but I haven't been in there yet.

I would like to fly into Waco (other than commercial). I mentioned that to my CFI and she didn't have a problem with it, but due to busy schedules we just go to Spinks for towered field now.
When I have to fly on business, I insist on going out of Waco. Free parking, and it's only just slightly more than half the distance to DFW for me. The rural drive is more relaxing too - just keep a look out for the hogs and the deer. I miss the old restaurant they deleted to realign the gate access. I remember having lunch there years ago, and would always linger over a cup of coffee after putting my wife on a plane when she would fly back to Virginia to visit her folks.
The FBO looks very nice, but I haven't been in there yet.
Spinks, eh?

You shoulda kept going for another 15 minutes and met up with me.

Bryan is up this way too.

Spinks, eh?

You shoulda kept going for another 15 minutes and met up with me.

Bryan is up this way too.

Oh, DTO and CFI? Are you with ITP? That's who I train with out of KGDJ - N79919 is my go-to choice.

Oh, DTO and CFI? Are you with ITP? That's who I train with out of KGDJ - N79919 is my go-to choice.
Yea DTO and CFI.

While I have used ITP for a few things, no to being employed there.

I am an independent and use the GoFlyTexas airplanes at 52F

Yea DTO and CFI.

While I have used ITP for a few things, no to being employed there.

I am an independent and use the GoFlyTexas airplanes at 52F

52F, is that where Bryan of Just Plane Silly flies out of? I see a lot of potential restorations when he walks around the shade hangars there. Just no affordable "time builders" to be had for an aspiring private pilot any more...
I really wish there was a CFI available at 7F7, it's much closer to my home than driving the 35 miles each way to KGDJ.

52F, is that where Bryan of Just Plane Silly flies out of? I see a lot of potential restorations when he walks around the shade hangars there. Just no affordable "time builders" to be had for an aspiring private pilot any more...
I really wish there was a CFI available at 7F7, it's much closer to my home than driving the 35 miles each way to KGDJ.
Yes, 52F is where he hangars his airplane.

GoFlyTexas is on south end, third hangar on right when your departing RWY35

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back