Med express question

TRC1969

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TRC
When I complete my med express and visit my AME. At what point is the point of no return. I’m assuming I will get a number from med express when complete, can the AME see my form without activating it?

When I complete my med express and visit my AME. At what point is the point of no return. I’m assuming I will get a number from med express when complete, can the AME see my form without activating it?
There's a number on your printout. The point of no return is when the AME enters that in his computer. So if you shunt want that, tear it off.

Ok. So if he looks and sees something that ain’t gonna fly, I can still let it expire?

Ok. So if he looks and sees something that ain’t gonna fly, I can still let it expire?
As long as you never handed over the confirmation number and the AME (or his staff) never typed it into the computer system to "open your file", the visit was never "FAA official". It was one of these consultations we frequently talk about.

So in the consultation state, if the AME opines that something was found that will cause trouble with certifying you, the FAA never officially knows about it. You can allow the current app to resolve back into it's constituent electrons, and go fix the problem before re-applying.

Thank you very much for the information. I have a great AME and he assures me we are a go but there are so many pitfalls. My appointment is next week. I just don’t understand why the FAA says if you wash out with class 3 you can’t fall back to light sport. I mean by default if your basic med then you probably wouldn’t qualify for class 3 medical without much expense and being grounded for a long time or you wouldn’t be on basic med! But if you go LSA first your basically doing the same thing as basic med, kind of self grounding if and when necessary. I’m glad basic med is there and I can only imagine what it was like before it was developed. The stress must have been really bad on pilots with a little age on them. Anyway thanks again for the information. I really appreciate the knowledge on this forum.

The stress wasn’t there because a lot of us didn’t know the stakes before we applied.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back