Med Express Question

TRC1969

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TRC
If I complete med express and then meet with the AME and he sees something he says may not fly can he simply not send it on and stop the process or am I doomed once I sign off on it and send it?

Once the AME pulls it up online and opens/activates/whatever, then there’s no turning back.

As I’m sure several dozen will reply to the same, schedule a “consultation” with the AME and NO form to activate. If the AME won’t do this, go somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The AME can modify your answers explaining to the FAA why he or she did so, but once opened, it's going to be sent.

2E4F0441-88E2-4D99-9FE3-8C56C9A6C3C5.jpeg

I’ve done the consultation with one who this forum trusts. He says it will be ok. I guess I’m just worried about it. Such a process. The good doctor says he has had tougher cases and it should be no problem other than time,money, and aggravation. Also has anyone ever heard of a denial of class 3 and then fighting for and keeping LSA privileges?

I’ve done the consultation with one who this forum trusts. He says it will be ok. I guess I’m just worried about it. Such a process. The good doctor says he has had tougher cases and it should be no problem other than time,money, and aggravation.

Sounds like you know what you're in for, at least.

Also has anyone ever heard of a denial of class 3 and then fighting for and keeping LSA privileges?

That's entirely impossible, based on how the LSA rules are written. (Unless you're talking about gliders or balloons.) See FAR 61.23(c)(2)(ii)

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/61.23

I’ve done the consultation with one who this forum trusts. He says it will be ok. I guess I’m just worried about it. Such a process. The good doctor says he has had tougher cases and it should be no problem other than time,money, and aggravation. Also has anyone ever heard of a denial of class 3 and then fighting for and keeping LSA privileges?
A denial on your last medical application obviates the ability to use a drivers license in lieu of a medical certificate for sport pilot privileges. See 61.23(c)(2)(ii). That's a regulatory requirement; the only way around that is a through a grant of exemption (spoiler alert, it ain't gonna happen).

Yea I figured that. Such a gamble. I do have confidence the good Dr knows what he is talking about. I have really thought about light sport but the weight restrictions make it kind of impracticable. Everyone at the FAA must weigh like 160 or so. And hell if it all goes belly up I spent the first 52 years grounded I guess I can spend the next 52 grounded as well.

I have really thought about light sport but the weight restrictions make it kind of impracticable. Everyone at the FAA must weigh like 160 or so.

Not sure how much weight you need to haul around but there are a few light sport planes that can carry a fair amount ...

Yea the stickey speaks volumes. As far as weight I weigh 260(weightlifter) no weightlifting about 230 at my smallest. I would have to fly alone and that’s not really my mission. If the LSA weight limits would change then the problem would solved.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back