Mechanics Bay

jaybee

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
jaybee
typical thread...

• Original Poster "Hey all new guy here, just wanted to double check it was ok to air up my tires myself"
  • Grumpy Old Guy "Do you even know how to read !!! Part 43 !!!!! my God and you call yourself a pilot !!!!!!!"
  • Even Grumpier Old Guy "If you even have to ask you should have your license revoked immediately"
  • Some Dude "I had a low tire once, took off and landed no problem :shrug:"
  • Internet Lawyer "There are FAA guys hiding behind every bush, if you dare air up the tire yourself you better be able to cite verbatim which rule allows you to air up a tire"
  • Engineer dude "The most accurate tire pressure measurement is to use Bar, if you don't have a measuring tool precisely calibrated by a certified calibration shop and fill it to precisely 1.930 Bar then I wouldn't fly it as you are not in compliance with the Airworthiness Certificate"
  • Crusty Old Wrench "Airworthiness Certificate ? are you even a licensed mechanic ? ludicrous"
  • Another Engineer "OMG how can you say that ? You are absolutely not in compliance with the AC if you don't fill your tire precisely with calibrated tools"
  • Another Crusty Wrench "I've been filling tires with a psi gauge for 74 years and my FSDO guy pats me on the back every time"
  • Old Pilot "I fill my own tires all the time, no issues"
  • Backwoods Pilot "I once was in a remote area of Alaska I had to take off and land with a flat tire, when I got to where I was going the repair shop was closed so we improvised a patch and installed it all with a screwdriver and a hammer and used the sap of the rare Moca Moca tree for the glue to put an old raft piece in as a patch. It worked so well we continued to fly it that way for 12 more years. You contiguous guys and your "rules"..."
  • Random Pilot "I remember one time about 12 years ago, it was a beautiful sunset and I had my newly minted bride along, I remember distinctly as we left the FBO the attitude of the airplane had drooped 0.4 degrees and I didn't want to risk my wife's life by utilizing an aircraft with a low tire. We snuggled up in the back and made a romantic evening out of it. The FBO manager helped us fill the tire the next morning. Some times a flat tire happens for a reason, go with the flow bro "
  • Super Pilot "If you are that worried about tire pressure I wouldn't fly with you. It is so easy to modify your angle of approach to compensate for a low tire. I've been doing it for years. I seriously question if you are actually a pilot or a troll"

Nascar Pilot,, We always start with the tires Low,,, then just High speed taxi for a couple
of laps until the heat builds up the Right pressure...

* Class Clown "Dude. You should use one of those hoses and a compressor. You ain't got enough air to do it yourself"

Tech Guy,,, Not AIR,,, gotta be Nitrogen,, and a 2% CamGuard
And Always run them LOP..
Besides you always take off with Partial Flaps,, everybody knows that...
And Reduce your Power to 26 Squared after lift off..
Then,,, at 500 ft.,,,, if their is an engine hickup,,, Pull that Red Handle!!!
It would seem to be safer to have 2 engines,,, but that just leads to twice as many engine failures,, everybody knows that....
I,,, would much prefer the Proven more Safer option,, its easy,,, 2 Chutes,,, who new???

A well known mechanic: the customer knew his tire was flat when I signed it off, and it wasn't my plane so I can't be blamed....

All these are too funny... I think I blew out a hernia..!!!!

World's Foremost Authority: When I was flying with Will and Wiley, I invented a system that obviated the need for pressure at all, relying instead on a hydrogen powered numismatic paradigm that few here can even comprehend. It is not worth my time to try and explain it to you.

The most interesting pilot in the world: "If the tires need air he takes his floatplane"

Back