Mechanic needed KBYY (Bay City, TX.)

Johnmgarr

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
John
Bay City Municipal Airport is looking for an A&P mechanic to set up shop on our field. We are 30 minutes south of Houston,Texas (by air).
We have aprox. 40 single engine and two turbo prop aircraft based here.
If you are looking to be your own boss and set up a mechanic shop at a friendly, growing airport please contact the airport manager at jgarr@cityofbaycity.org
We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Not sure... I took over as manager three weeks ago. No mechanic...:(

BYY is a great and friendly airport! Someone is going to get a unique job in a wonderful setting.

Not sure... I took over as manager three weeks ago. No mechanic...:(

Is there enough potential there to support a mechanic? Maybe thats why there isnt one there. 40 based planes may not be enough to support a mechanic unless they are all active planes, which typically isnt the case. I know this from experience myself.

Many of our tenants are actively flying. As with all businesses, including our airport, marketing is very important.
As the manager I actively promote our airport. I travel to KHOU and KSGR and network with corporate jet owners and encourage their pilots to make KBYY a stop on their flight plan to top off and save money on fuel.
I encourage all of our tenants to be an ambassador for our (their) airport.
I was hired to make KBYY profitable. I will market for our mechanic as well.
I'm not promising anything other than an opportunity.
And to the other post, You are correct! We are a friendly airport with the support of our city officials, economic development, and chamber of commerce.
Please fly in to see us! Coffee and home baked cookies are waiting!

Is there enough potential there to support a mechanic? Maybe thats why there isnt one there. 40 based planes may not be enough to support a mechanic unless they are all active planes, which typically isnt the case. I know this from experience myself.

I have to agree, I have a fleet of 11 planes, all active trainers/charters and still twidle my thumbs from time to time.

Back