Me and 4 jets...

CT4ME

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CT4ME
Sunday I was flying just South of Phoenix, just outside of Bravo at about 3k AGL, when I see several traffic targets (tis/ads-b) in front of me moving fast. I can't see any info on them, as they are so close together that their data is overlaid on top of each other on the screen. I look out the windshield and see nothing... until I look down. Below me by about 1,000 feet are 4 jets in tight formation, 2 F-35 and 2 F-16. I lost them as I completed an orbit and picked them up again a few moments later, apparently they circled below me. It turns out they were doing a fly-by at the NASCAR track, and were timing their arrival for the end of the National Anthem. I wish I had a camera rolling.

Sunday I was flying just South of Phoenix, just outside of Bravo at about 3k AGL, when I see several traffic targets (tis/ads-b) in front of me moving fast. I can't see any info on them, as they are so close together that their data is overlaid on top of each other on the screen. I look out the windshield and see nothing... until I look down. Below me by about 1,000 feet are 4 jets in tight formation, 2 F-35 and 2 F-16. I lost them as I completed an orbit and picked them up again a few moments later, apparently they circled below me. It turns out they were doing a fly-by at the NASCAR track, and were timing their arrival for the end of the National Anthem. I wish I had a camera rolling.
The f35 is stationed in Arizona for further testing I think I read. I do know that their total cost is now around 1.5 trillion dollars. Conceived in 2000 it's still got a lot of problems.expensive flyby.m

If you like war movies you may like to read "with the old breed" . A stunning account of marines fighting the japs on Guadalcanal. The author was there, very young. He was very lucky, went home, went to college and taught. Could not put it down.wow! I thought this was going on the movie site. Sorry!

and now back to your regularly scheduled planet....

from the ground...
nascar-cup-phoenix-ii-2016-pre-race-flyover.jpg

Back