MD-3 Training Landscape

jerrydavis

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jerry Davis
Hi, I've been doing some searching here and elsewhere, but have only managed to find some old information. I'm reaching out via email and calls, but thought I'd see what the POA community has to say.

I'm a Commercial, Instrument rated pilot in DC looking for a CFI and access to aircraft. I'd prefer one of the MD-3 airports over say, GAI or FME, but that may not be possible. The most convenient airport to me is KCGS.

What is the current landscape for non-primary training at CGS? The other 2?

Thanks,
Jerry

If you end up outside of the MD-3, I'd pick Freeway over GAI or FME. At least one of the Freeway instructors flies at CGS as well; PM me for details.

Maybe @Brad Z can chime in on VKX/W32.

GT Aviation at VKX is the best training operation in the FRZ, and probably one of the best in the whole area. I think Tim has worked hard to set his operation to be so much better than the typical flight school.

Also, you'll really like flying out of VKX. It's a great little airport. The FRZ procedures aren't too bad once you get the swing of how to do things.

.. is the best training operation in the FRZ, and probably one of the best in the whole area. I think Tim has worked hard to set his operation to be so much better than the typical flight school.

Also, you'll really like flying out of VKX. It's a great little airport. The FRZ procedures aren't too bad once you get the swing of how to do things.

Thanks for recommendation. Good info. I have been looking at GT, may reach out to them soon.

Jerry

Back