McCauley prop, info plz, and for sale

ob1quixote

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ob1quixote
please delete

Last edited:
You should get about $1500 on ebay, I just went through the purchase process there a couple months ago.
It will not 'fit' all C150's be sure to include "buyer is responsible for determining applicability and airworthiness of part".

Hi, Robert from Charleston SC here.

In clearing my father's estate, I have come up with a McCauley prop. While my father was Air Force and a private pilot as well, I wont claim to know too much, please excuse my ignorance!

He had a Cessna 120, which had been repowered with an 0-200 Continental. I believe this prop is for that configuration.

It is stamped as follows.
Klip Tip
Met-l-prop
Reconditioned
Design 1A101
Serial number G9204
DCM 6948, the last 2 numbers appear to be stamped over the numbers 55{?}

I would say this prop is in excellent condition, no nicks at the tips or leading edges. Judging by the toolmarks around where the retention bolts/nuts sat, it was mounted one time. The yellow paint at the tips is in great shape. the black in the inside {opposite the yellow} shows some loss.

I will take pictures, but my camera's resolution isnt the best. I will show the prop locally to any potential buyer, or representative the buyer chooses. Any info on the ins and outs of such a sale would be greatly appreciated!

I have done enough homework to realize a good approximate value of the prop. In the interest of liquidating the estate, I am accepting offers. There should be a good deal to be had, but no "steal".

Robert Wilcox
ygrumyz@bellsouth.net

I believe this means it was repitched from 55" to 48" IOW from a "Cruise Prop" into a "Climb Prop".

Back