MCB McComb MS in May

md9680

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mike
You guys gave me a ton of good info last year for what turned out to be a very successful flight to Collegedale, TN.

I need to take another trip to that part of the world this year, MCB, the second week of May. Never been there and so would appreciate any information about what to expect weather-wise and what people do for ground transportation.

Here's my ride:
20180415_092821[1].jpg

Thanks.

Last edited:
McComb, MS is inextricably linked with the end of Lynyrd Skynyrd, at least for old rock and rollers like me.

I hope your flight goes well.

This is a fun place to eat, with great southern food. http://thedinnerbell.net

The FBO has a crew car, at least they did a couple years ago, but I would try to arrange a rental with them if you need a vehicle for any length of time.

I've never been, but I want your hangar... Hit us localish folks up when you get in the area

Highly recommend a day trip to the Gulfport area...it'll be crawfish season. Yeeeehaaaw! Fly into MS82. Danny and Janet are the best people you'll ever meet in your life and check out Taranto's...a great Cajun dive.

Oh...and while you're at it, stop by Claw Daddy's and bring about 50# of crawfish up to me. I haven't had a big crawfish boil in a few years!

Or check out Half Shell Oyster House. It's just a tad more refined than Taranto's! :)

The Gulfport, Biloxi, Pass Christian area has some fun spots.

Why is your plane parked in a hospital surgical room?
Good luck with your flight.

Where are you coming from? MS is easing flying, as noted above watch for pop up storms, stay high until ready to land as it's hot. Yeah it with be May but trust me! If you come through north ms hit me up. I can take you to the simulators.

And dang is that really your hangar or you plane photoshoped into it?! Hahaha that place is so clean!

Thanks for the weather info. Figured it would be pretty much the same for McComb as it was for Chattanooga last year. I'm departing from 1N1, Sandia Airpark, a little east of Albuquerque. Guess it'll have to be at oh dark thiry to be in Mississippi shortly after noon. That may limit my exposure to the pop up showers.

That pic of my hangar was the first time I parked the Cherokee in my brand new hangar last year, located a few feet from my house on the airpark. It's certainly dirtier and more cluttered now but, yes, I still really like it!

Timwinters -- Thanks for the recommendations. I'm fairly familiar with the Gulfport, Biloxi, Pass Christian area as my aunt and uncle had a large house in Waveland right off the beach highway. One hurricane destroyed their house and they rebuilt, only to have it (and everything around them) totally wiped out by Katrina. She decided to move to Jackson to live near her daughter the remaining years of her life. Alas, there will be no trip there this time. I'm only flying to McComb so that my granddaughter who is graduating HS on the 10th can brag to her friends that her grandpa flew his plane from New Mexico!

This is a fun place to eat, with great southern food. http://thedinnerbell.net

The FBO has a crew car, at least they did a couple years ago, but I would try to arrange a rental with them if you need a vehicle for any length of time.

Thanks! That looks like a great place to eat! If I can arrange a ride (or rental) I'll definitely check it out.

McComb, MS is inextricably linked with the end of Lynyrd Skynyrd, at least for old rock and rollers like me.

I hope your flight goes well.

Thanks. Might need the good wishes. I remember hearing about crash when it happened but didn't know the where and how at the time. Didn't connect it in my mind with McComb until you mentioned it here.

Back