MBNA positive customer service

ejensen

Pattern Altitude
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Eric Jensen
We always hear the bad experiences. Thought I'd post a good one.

I received a letter last week telling me that three charges I'd requested rebates for were not on the list. Two were from my home airport and one from West Yellowstone. The billing names did not match the FBO names and I suspected this was the problem. The WYS I could let go, but home is the hanger bill and a lot of gas. I double checked the FBOs were on the list then called MBNA. I was expecting trouble but didn't find it.

After I got a human on the line, Stephanie listened, asked questions until she understood the probelm. She then said she'd research the issue and call me back. This was last Thursday. I didn't really expect to hear back. But she called this morning to say she'd talked to AOPA and someone at the airpark. Fort Collins Downtown Airport was approved but Community Airpark was not and West Yellowstone Aviation was approved but West Yellowstone Investment was not. Now I know they are one and the same but whoever she talked to at the airport said they weren't (Probably the line guy). I explained that some charges on my bill use one name and some the other. They really are the same. She offered to try again. I gave her the airport managers name. Also the number for West Yellowstone (forgetting they are closed in the winter). She said she'd get back to me.

Just got off the phone with Stephanie. She credited my account with the rebates, got this straight at AOPA and MBNA, plus put a note on my account in case it happens again. I feel she really went beyond good service. She could have had me call AOPA or check with the airports. In fact, since West Yellowstone was closed she had to chase down the owners at their winter location in Idaho.

I plan to write a letter, but maybe I better not. After all the other stuff you hear about MBNA she might get in trouble. :D

Last month or so I was getting a lot of denials from places that advertised participation or were listed in the directory. I was told it was a computer glitch that had dropped a lot of bonafides and they were going to fix it and they did send credit next months bill. Still kinda leery of them though.
PS if you buy as much gas as me, join up your wife/husband/child with AOPA and you can max out the available rebate on your card then retire it and go onto their card, that is what I am doing with my wife. Easily pays for the AOPA fee.

I got a denial for W. Yellowstone too. I'll easily max out before the end of the year, so it wasn't worth the effort to deal with it, but thanks to Eric in case I make it back next year.

Gotta say West Yellowstone represents all that is great about general aviation: spectacular scenery coming and going, super-nice people at the FBO, a restaurant on the field and reasonably priced cars. Plus a pilots-only FREE campground you can taxi right up to. I liked it so much I bought a W. Yellowstone Aviation sweatshirt for the bargain price of $20. No MBNA rebate on that either. Put this place on your list for next summer folks.

Jon

4CornerFlyer said:
I got a denial for W. Yellowstone too. I'll easily max out before the end of the year, so it wasn't worth the effort to deal with it, but thanks to Eric in case I make it back next year.

Me too, usually around September's bill. If it had just been a transient airport I'd have ignored it. But my home field is a big portion of my rebate, hanger and all.

4CornerFlyer said:
Gotta say West Yellowstone represents all that is great about general aviation: spectacular scenery coming and going, super-nice people at the FBO, a restaurant on the field and reasonably priced cars. Plus a pilots-only FREE campground you can taxi right up to. I liked it so much I bought a W. Yellowstone Aviation sweatshirt for the bargain price of $20. No MBNA rebate on that either. Put this place on your list for next summer folks.

Ditto. Been there three years running. This year was 4th of July weekend, not another campsite in miles. And the restaurant is pretty good.:wineglass:

Last edited:
Back