MBL or CAD?

loudbagel

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Hummingbird Saltalamacchia
Ill be flying to NW Michigan in a couple of weeks and I have a choice between two airports. KMBL (Manistee) KCAD (Cadillac).

My relatives live directly in between the two airports in Wellston, so they dont care. Im just looking for reviews on either airport to make my choice. I would prefer to have a hangar to store my plane in for the 3-4 days I am in town, but this is not a deal breaker.

Any info would be appreciated!

Ill be flying to NW Michigan in a couple of weeks and I have a choice between two airports. KMBL (Manistee) KCAD (Cadillac).

My relatives live directly in between the two airports in Wellston, so they dont care. Im just looking for reviews on either airport to make my choice. I would prefer to have a hangar to store my plane in for the 3-4 days I am in town, but this is not a deal breaker.

I don't believe that MBL has hangar space unless you can work a deal with a private owner and suspect the same it true for CAD although I haven't been to either for a number of years. And FWIW there's another airport (4Y9: 2500 turf) about halfway between CAD and MBL. I think I was in there for a fly-in a few years ago and it was a nice airport but also likely lacking in hangar space (and no fuel).

I was able to get a hanger in MBL a couple of months ago for a overnight trip. MBL is a full service FBO where as CAD is you are pretty much on your own. I flew into Cad just the other night, nice airport. Going to MBL on Monday. If I had a chosse ot would be MBL over Cad but either one will work for you.

Mike

Thanks for the info! MBL it is

Hangar space is avail at CAD. Several options in the event you need mx. I use Northwoods Aviation. Breakfast at the Blue Herron. Lunch and dinner at Hermann's.

Hangar space is avail at CAD. Several options in the event you need mx. I use Northwoods Aviation. Breakfast at the Blue Herron. Lunch and dinner at Hermann's.

Have you ever been to northwoods cabins in wellston?

Back