Mayo Clinic Basic Med Course

Half Fast

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Half Fast
I just completed the Mayo online Basic Med course and printed out my course completion certificate. I noticed that it only includes my name and pilot cert number; it does not include my address.

CFR 68.3(b)(1) reads
A certification of completion of the medical education course, which shall be retained in the individual's logbook and made available upon request, and shall contain the individual's name, address, and airman certificate number;​

Last time I used AOPA's course and their certificate did include my address.

Anyone else encounter this? Ideas? I hate the thought of burning another hour and a half to go through the AOPA version just to get a compliant certificate. I realize the odds of the FAA ever wanting to see the certificate, and then caring about the address if they did, are virtually nil.

I've sent a message to Mayo's customer service email and I'm waiting for a response.

I just completed the Mayo online Basic Med course and printed out my course completion certificate. I noticed that it only includes my name and pilot cert number; it does not include my address.

CFR 68.3(b)(1) reads
A certification of completion of the medical education course, which shall be retained in the individual's logbook and made available upon request, and shall contain the individual's name, address, and airman certificate number;​

Last time I used AOPA's course and their certificate did include my address.

Anyone else encounter this? Ideas? I hate the thought of burning another hour and a half to go through the AOPA version just to get a compliant certificate. I realize the odds of the FAA ever wanting to see the certificate, and then caring about the address if they did, are virtually nil.

I've sent a message to Mayo's customer service email and I'm waiting for a response.
Write your address on the certificate.

Certainly I will, but the reg specifically requires the course provider to issue the certificate with the required info. I was pretty surprised that Mayo has been offering this course for years yet doesn’t comply with the reg.

I thought it was less useful. Mayo has more emphasis on risk assessment and management stuff than actual medical information.

Agree. It was a less-than-satisfactory online "learning" experience. Just did the Mayo version a couple months ago. I've been to a number of aeromedical seminars, both in-person and webinar, and Mayo's content and presentation of the material was dry as overdone toast.

I was warned by a Mayo physician to not use their service unless you wanted to be bombarded by their email marketing.

I have used Mayo at least once so far and haven't gotten any spam. I don't think they have any clinics in my area, however.

Mayo has more emphasis on risk assessment

58E0C1A6-1D21-455C-9B4E-0E0A7509CB60.jpeg

One of the brightest undergraduate students I ever saw anywhere wound up being an MD there. I can see where the Mayo get's its reputation.

I like Spam with mustard. What kind of savage would put Mayo on Spam?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back