Maybe going to Maryland

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
Ok so my cousin made it home safe and sound from Iraq, and there is going to be a party for him up in Poolesville MD. Where is Poolesville, and would anyone be interested in meeting up if I make it up that way? I would be driving up. The party is July 9th.

HPNFlyGirl said:
Where is Poolesville

About 10-15 miles eastnoreast of Leesburg, VA or about 25 miles north west of D.C

Be sure to tell your cousin thank you, and welcome home from an old sailor.
KD

Brook, chivalry is not dead, I assure you.

Brook, I wish I could go, so that I could buy him a beer. Make sure he knows that the ENTIRE country (or at least, those that matter) are thankful for his service.

I'll be in Texas that evening, but tell him thanks from someone too old to do the job himself anymore.

HPNFlyGirl said:
Ok so my cousin made it home safe and sound from Iraq, and there is going to be a party for him up in Poolesville MD. Where is Poolesville, and would anyone be interested in meeting up if I make it up that way? I would be driving up. The party is July 9th.

Darn, that's the week I'm up with the in-laws in Michigan, or I'd love to visit with you.

Now the week sucks on so many levels.

Thank him for me.
When you see a man in Uniform at a fast food place, just pay for his meal. It has impact. They understand exactly why you are doing it.

Brook,

I've been up and back from the DC area lately building a network to find a job in the area (and to deal with some family stuff, sigh).

I don't know whether I'll be up there around that time or not, and I may not know until last minute.

Regardless, thank him for his service and dedication to the country.

Flying in or driving?

If flying and you're not used to the ADIZ and don't use it regularly, and you want to avoid the ADIZ, land at Frederick. Bit further to drive, but you avoid the hassle.

Greebo said:
Flying in or driving?

If flying and you're not used to the ADIZ and don't use it regularly, and you want to avoid the ADIZ, land at Frederick. Bit further to drive, but you avoid the hassle.

Chuck...I prolly will be driving up. Even though I am going to ask my CFI if he would like to fly up there so that way I can have some x/c flights. Yeah definately stay away from the ADIZ.

bbchien said:
Thank him for me.
When you see a man in Uniform at a fast food place, just pay for his meal. It has impact. They understand exactly why you are doing it.

Hey Doc, I do that at every opportunity when around Ft. Campbell. The look they give me is priceless. The feeling I recieve almost brings me to my knees when they show their appreciation. Hell, I'm the one that appreciates their, and their families, sacrafice, and they act like it's no big deal.
God speed to all of our men and women.
Brook, please give my heart felt thanks to a true hero.

Back