Maybe Da Mare was right

TMetzinger

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Today's Washington Post reports that on average, one commercial airliner a day makes an emergency landing due to smoke/fire in the cockpit.

Maybe the idiots are right, and flying is just too dangerous, period. We should ban all airplanes, regardless of size.

I am sure what we really need is to just ban planes that problems with smoke in the cockpit. Most of those fires are caused by faulting wiring. So planes without wires would be ok. But then there could still be exhaust or smoke from and engine getting in, so planes without engines would be ok. Sound like Tony has the ideal post 9/11 safe plane.

Well, yesterday at O'Hare a jet blast toppled over a baggage cart and injured three people, one a baggage handler and two passengers deplaning from a flight who were walking across the tarmac. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/custom/newsroom/chi-061019jetblast,1,5101776.story
Therefore, using Daley Logic, I believe we should ban those baggage trolleys, heck, let's just ban all baggage, period. Let people travel in one set of clothes and just buy all new stuff at their destination.
And next time you're at an airport, be sure to STAY AWAY from all luggage, because something bad could happen and you might get hurt if that luggage gets away from its owner and runs into you.

Elizabeth

C'mon, people. It's the Post, it's a vast right wing conspiricy. Vote the Reps out and we'll all be safer.

D**n, I thought I was blocking Spin Zone.

AuntPeggy said:
D**n, I thought I was blocking Spin Zone.

Da Mare bashing is OK. Well, That is until he e-mails the management council. When that happens he'll be like that one guy we can't talk about... Tr*y Ma***n.

jangell said:
Da Mare bashing is OK. Well, That is until he e-mails the management council. When that happens he'll be like that one guy we can't talk about... Tr*y Ma***n.

You mean "He will be the second avaition misanthrope" that we can't talk about don't you?

smigaldi said:
I am sure what we really need is to just ban planes that problems with smoke in the cockpit. Most of those fires are caused by faulting wiring. So planes without wires would be ok. But then there could still be exhaust or smoke from and engine getting in, so planes without engines would be ok. Sound like Tony has the ideal post 9/11 safe plane.

Darn right! there oughtta be an exemption for towplanes though. of course with these big long runways sitting around and no jets to use them we could get some pretty damn high auto or winch launches, so that wouldnt even be necessary. i guess id have to get rid of my radio to eliminate wires but thats OK, wouldnt have anyone to talk to really. sounds good to me guys! :rofl:

smigaldi said:
You mean "He will be the second avaition misanthrope" that we can't talk about don't you?

Uhh...Ok.

Elizabeth said:
Let people travel in one set of clothes and just buy all new stuff at their destination.

They can hide weapons in their clothes. Maybe naked is how they should travel...

Troy Whistman said:
They can hide weapons in their clothes. Maybe naked is how they should travel...

I don't know Troy. I fly SW quite a bit and most of those folks I DEFINATELY don't want to see nekid :hairraise:

Back