May 19 -- A Day in the Life of America's Airports

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
Here's something to do if you can't make it to Wings! No mention made about needing to be an AOPA member. Use it as a chance to get an airport or two for GoFlyAmerica, while you're at it!
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT: 'AOPA PILOT' WANTS YOUR AIRPORT JOURNAL
Enjoy hanging out at your airport? Have a camera? Great news: AOPA Pilot has an assignment for you! We need your help Saturday, May 19, for a special project we're calling "A Day in the Life of America's Airports." On that day we're sending a team of editors and photographers to airports of all types around the country, but we can't hit 'em all—and that's where you come in. Our editors will be capturing what happens at those airports on that date for a special report later this summer. You can be part of it by heading out to your local airport with your digital camera and notebook. Send us a brief report and a couple of photos that captures the mood and happenings at your airport on May 19. Whether yours is a sleepy grass strip or a bustling hive of traffic, it's all part of what makes up the texture of general aviation flying. We'll publish a select group of photos and reports online in conjunction with the coverage from our editors. Submit your report to airportday@aopa.org.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

If I don't make it to Wings I will definately be doing this. Thank you Grant for sharing this information.

Grant great post. I saw this today as well and immedialty fired off an email to AOPA inviting their photo crew to the FLYBQ. Those photos would be great!

Well, I just heard back from the editor today after making the same suggestion.
Thanks for the invitation. Our editors are already assigned to various airports, but we'd look forward to your submission if you have a chance.

Regards,

Machteld Smith
Senior Editor
AOPA Pilot

We're forcasted to have great weather here tomorrow. I'll be visiting at least 3 airports tomorrow so I hope to have a good submission.

Back