Math problems and their solutions

I've pulled a few of those myself when I got stuck. Namely the "expand" question and the "find x" question. I thought I was being original. lol.

From physics wave mechanics class I couldn't figure out how to make the math work on the middle part but knew the next step:

...(insert math equations).....
Then a miracle occurred
...(insert continuation of math equations)...

Score on that one was 8/10 (due to the 4 words) + 1/10 for knowing what to do next.

Then there's always this one:

Attachments

• 2is1-einstein.jpg
    2is1-einstein.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
From physics wave mechanics class I couldn't figure out how to make the math work on the middle part but knew the next step:

...(insert math equations).....
Then a miracle occurred
...(insert continuation of math equations)...

Score on that one was 8/10 (due to the 4 words) + 1/10 for knowing what to do next.

Then there's always this one:

I pulled something like that on a quantum mechanics class. We were given group assignments and someone was randomly chosen from the group to solve the problem on the board & explain it to everyone else. We got stuck in the middle of the problem, but the Chinese girl I shared an office with had a book with the solution. Unfortunately, the explanation about how to get from A to B was in Mandarin! We wrote down the solution & went to class. We were the last group, and I was chosen. I noted we had 5 minutes remaining in the class- started the problem, said we were almost out of time, and wrote the solution. The prof asked a question that I answered, then he told us "That how I want these done in the future!" Spaceman Spiff made a successful emergency landing!

Last edited:
A limerick...

limric.gif

Integral z-squared dz
from 1 to the cube root of 3
times the cosine
of three pi over 9
equals log of the cube root of 'e'.

The formula is incorrect. It should alread be in reduced form.

dz3 and pi over 3.

See me after class!!!

:) Be careful not to run afoul of the Copyright Police there, Scott.:)
:) :) :) Remember your Avatar! :) :) :) *​

Ho Ho Ho

*NOTE ALL THE SMILIES

Rulings about fair use of images has said that "low-resolution images of copyrighted material, if they are unlikely to affect the potential market for the material, are used for the purposes of analysis or criticism, and for which there is no alternative, non- or free-copyrighted replacement available are allowed to be posted." I believe we meet that definition and can use images in that way.

I didn't get that merit badge for nuthin' ;)

z^2 dz != dz^3

*waiting to get detention for correcting teacher's mistake*

What mistake? I have a superscript three - that's a cube.

Ah....nevermind....thought d was a variable, not that we'd already taken a derivative of z!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Gee whiz. You'd think Einstein would know you can't divide by zero. What a moron!:p

Of course most people miss that bit and can't figure it out.
The ones that do catch it, just tell them you're not actually dividing by zero. You're just dividing by a number so close to zero as to make no difference. Hokey math but it does leave them thinking...

I don't get it, where are you dividing by zero there? 2A=A? I know that its not right, because the best I could think would be a solution of 2=A/A which would in fact be 2=1....which would just mean "Not a solution" right?

I don't get it, where are you dividing by zero there? 2A=A? I know that its not right, because the best I could think would be a solution of 2=A/A which would in fact be 2=1....which would just mean "Not a solution" right?

If A = B, and you divide by ( A - B ) what are you dividing by?

Back